Whether it’s the beginning of a brand new school year, or the 100th day of school… these fun School Projects to Make with Your Cricut will come in handy all year long.
Get creative, add your own personal touch and save time by DIYing your school projects with your Cricut electronic cutting machine .
When prepping for Back-to-school, class parties or setting up a homework station, your Cricut machine will surely be your crafting BFF!
School Projects to Make with Your Cricut
I’ve gathered my favorite back-to-school Cricut project ideas for you to try. I’d love to hear if you have a project you’d like to share too! Go crazy and add cute monograms to all the things, THAT would be a fun series of Cricut creativity.
Personalize School Supplies & accessories
- Lunch boxes
- Backpacks and book bags
- Sports gear
- Phone case, computer cover and tablet cases
- DIY Planner or homework notebook
Personalized Cricut projects you can make:
- Water bottles with Disney Mickey head designs
- Name tags from Becoming Martha
- Personalized Lunch Box from Create. Craft. Love.
- School Photo Signs from Printable Crush
Pencil cases are one of the most popular items to personalize. There are so many different kinds of pencil cases with just as many ways to make them your own, so I’m including a list here for just pencil cases. How cute are all these fun Cricut pencil case ideas?
- Monogrammed Pencil Case from It Happens in a Blink
- DIY Personalized Hand-stitched Pencil Case Raegun Ramblings
- DIY Pencil Pouch from Crafting in the Rain
DIY Room decor for Back-to-School with Your Cricut
Whether you want to decorate the classroom or a homework station, the Cricut machine can help you make fabulous school decor pieces for any space.
- Back-to-School Banner from Laura’s Crafty Life
- Alphabet signs
- Icons and images for classroom decor
- Labels for supply storage
- Re-useable Calendars
- Read Corner decor
- Bookshelf tags
- Collage dorm decor
- Locker decorations
- Class party decor
You can find 3 great school-themed sets of cut files in Cricut Design Space. I created these images to use for all kinds of school-related Cricut projects. Look for sets:
School learning activity ideas with Cricut
From reading kits to encouraging lunch notes, every day is an opportunity to motivate, encourage and help the kids on their learning adventure. Here are some ideas of things to make with your Cricut for those learning moments.
- Cute reading kits
- Lunch notes
- Paid Chore Chart from Over the Big Moon – great way to help the kids stay on task
- Tracing shapes and letters
- Lacing cards
- Encouragement stickers
- Reading and homework charts
- Activity cut-outs – check out this cute felt sandwich set
Personalize Things to Wear with Your Cricut
You know the Cricut is great for helping create personalized clothing. Here are some suggestions for personalizing and adding your own touch to for a fun and fabulous school style.
Monograms are a beautiful way to personalize so many items with your Cricut! Take a look at this Monogram notecard and tote bag set project you can create.
- T-shirts – there is so much you can do with some HTV and a t-shirt!
- Hats – use the Cricut hat press to make personalized hats in minutes
- Sweatshirts and hoodies – add some style with heat-set vinyl
- Shoes – think cute canvas sneakers with fun word art!
- Pants – think fun words down the side of a leg
- Sports team gear
- DIY Hair Bow from See Lindsay
- Personalize with your favorite images – Ideas for using one image to personalize multiple items
Recommended: More monograms you can create with
DIY Cricut Projects For Teachers
The Cricut machine is GREAT for the classroom. From classroom decorating to activity cut-outs, the Cricut is one of the best tools to help create a colorful and productive classroom.
- Thank you cards
- Class decor – make this Back-to-School Banner from Laura’s Crafty Life
- Teacher gifts – Make: It Takes a Big Heart – wall art
- Teacher Notebook from Happy Go Lucky
- Teacher Appreciation card designed by Jen Goode
Organizing and planning with Cricut
- Planners, accessories and planner stickers
- School supply organizing
- Labels – label all the things!
- Personalized Binder Pouch from Everyday Party Magazine
More fun School Projects to make with your Cricut
You can create and personalize many amazing things with a Cricut machine for school. Here are a few more project ideas from some of my creative friends.
- Semi-quilted pant leg cuff (for all that bike riding to school!) from Underground Crafter
- Harry Potter Backpack Tag from My Craftily Ever After
- DIY Notebook Tassel Decor Keychain The Real Girl’s Realm
Don’t forget, you can even use the Cricut to make school projects!
- Science fair displays
- Presentation boards
- Assignment covers
- 100th day of school projects (who wants to cut 100 of anything by hand??? Cricut to the rescue!)
You can find a number of school-themed designs in Cricut Design Space that I’ve designed as well. Start by search the image sets for JGoode Designs – School Days or JGoode Designs School Notes.
Do YOU have a favorite project idea to make with your Cricut? I’d love to hear about it, leave me a comment below!
Must-Have Back-to-School Cricut Supplies
Cardstock and Paper – of course, all kinds of colored cardstock. Whether you are decorating a classroom, a homework desk or your own school supplies, cardstock always comes in handy! Find all the great materials you can use to cut out designs with your Cricut, you’ll be having fun cutting for days!
Cricut Colored Pens – create all kinds of fantastic accents on your Cricut paper projects with drawing designs and personalization. I especially love used metallic pens to cut designs as a way to add a little extra bling to cut projects.
Vinyl – Vinyl All the Things! Need I say more? Ok… personalize all those fantastic school supplies with fun vinyl cutouts that stick like stickers or use the Heat Transfer Vinyl to decorate all your fabric items.
Brightpad – currently the BrightPad is sold out, but as soon as it’s back in stock, you need to get one along with the handy tool set! It’s great for working on Cricut projects and making it easier to weed vinyl. But ALSO, it’s a convenient light board, perfect for tracing and helping with homework projects!