The Cricut Maker is the newest member of the Cricut Cutting Machine family! This new machine is fantastic today I’m sharing my Top 10 Reasons You’ll love the Cricut Maker and it’s more than just the fabulous new Cricut projects you’ll be able to create! Really I have more than 10 reasons and I’ll share them too! From paper and vinyl to wood and fabric, there are no shortage of ideas and materials you can create!
You know we love the Cricut Explore Air 2 for all it’s fantastic cutting and crafting capabilities. Well now meet big sister… and she’s strong and creative and ready to make all the Cricut projects into wee hours of the night! (Or until you run out of coffee and go to bed). The Cricut maker is the Cricut Explore with a whole new set of skills. I think you’re going to LOVE her!
Top 10 Reasons You’ll Love the Cricut Maker
The Cricut Maker cutting machine is fast,fantastic and ready to work with FABRIC! I was able to see it live and in person at a recent event hosted by the Cricut team in Salt Lake City. The things you’ve come to love about the Cricut Explore family… are all still there. Now there’s even more to love.
I’m giving you two lists. They are really the same list, but for those you that are like me and want a quick answer right now, I have the top 10 short list. For everyone else that wants the ins and outs and the how’s and whys, I’m explaining more about each feature. Let’s go!
Top 10 Reasons – the short list
- Same fabulous but better! – Same machine at the core with more features, strength and project possibilities
- Cuts fabric – New blade, project patterns and mat all designed specifically for creating with fabric
- Sewing Patterns from Simplicity – 100’s of sewing patterns available in Design Space (with seam allowances)
- Rotary Blade – to cut fabric and all kinds of delicate materials
- Knife Blade – to cut heavy duty materials like balsa and birchwood
- Adaptive Tool System – to allow for more cutting control and more tool add-ons in the future
- More Storage – the original Explore storage is new and improved to give more options
- Print on Colored paper – print on colored and patterned paper with print-then-cut designs
- Device holder and charger – space on top of the machine to hold your devices and a charging port so you can charge while you create
- iOs AND Android apps – both iOs and Android users can create on the go!
- Beautiful Design Details – same beautiful design with added details and just a tad bigger than the original Explore.
Ready to get your new Cricut Maker? I know you want one, go ahead and buy YOUR Cricut Maker from Cricut.com and Cricut Maker must haves. Do you already have a Cricut Explore? Check out the Trade Up program.
Top 10 Reasons – the More Details list
If the short list above just wasn’t enough, here’s my more details view why you’ll love these new features included in the Cricut Maker. It’s a beautiful machine with enough versatility and power to help create the projects you want to make. From paper crafts to small wood working projects, this machine can create so many different designs and projects with you!
- Same fabulous machine but even better! – Ok, this really isn’t a new “reason” to love a new machine. Except for me it’s the more important reason I love this new machine. I already love my Cricut Explore Air 2. I love using Design Space and I’m really happy with all the creative fun I can have with this tool. The Cricut Maker is just that, but even better. There are more features, more capabilities, improvements to things I already love and new things to try. Keep reading and you’ll see what I mean.
- Cricut Maker cuts fabric – the new Cricut Maker has been re-engined to work with fabric. It comes equipped and ready to create with a new rotatary blade and special fabric specific mat. You read that right… fabric! Now, I know some people have been cutting fabric with their Cricut machines. I haven’t had much luck with it. I’ve always wanted to cut fabric that I can use in my sewing projects… appliques, patterns, etc. Now the Cricut Maker has been design to do just that! I tested the cutting abilities and they are beautiful. Same clean lines you’d expect if you cut by hand! Not a sewist? No problem! Crafters can unite knowing that there is no material we can’t craft with using our Cricuts… well most all materials. I haven’t found one yet that I can’t cut… that
- Sewing Patterns from Simplicity in Design Space
- Rotary Blade – I know I already talked about the rotary blade in #1, but it’s significant enough to mention again. Not only does this blade cut fabric nicely, it will also be your best friend for cutting delicate materials. I hear it will cut crepe paper perfectly! So think.. you’re not just limited to fancy cardstock and craft papers. Let’s experiment with all the materials from tissue paper to balsawood – the Cricut can handle it!
- Knife Blade – Cut thicker materials with the new knife blade. Cut balsawood or birchwood… or how about thicker cardboard or even chip board. Now your creativity can go even further with more materials and cut options!
- Adaptive Tool System – so you already read that the new Cricut Maker comes with a rotary blade and a knife blade will soon be available. Things more options to come. This new Cricut machine has been designed to allow for more tools as the team imagines more tools to make. So as they think up more ways to help you create, the machine is ready for new tools to be added… you’ll just have to wait and see what’s next!
- More Storage – The pen holder on the Maker has been redesigned to hold more of your tools and accessories. There is a deep cup and a shallow cup to access a variety of items easily. Additionally, the in-door accessory holder has also been redesigned to include a few additional compartments. All your Cricut accessories have a home!
- Print on Colored paper – What!? Yes, it’s true. The print-then-cut feature is paired with the Cricut Maker to allow for printing on colored and patterned paper. You no longer are limited to printing your Cricut designs on white paper. So go ahead, get creative and print layers of art and cut your pretty designs with more fabulous color!
- Device holder and charger – We use our mobile devices to create with our Cricut machines and now the Maker has a place to put those devices while we work on our projects. Set your phone or table in the device holder at the top of the machine. And, there is a usb port on the side of the Maker so you can plug your device in and charge it while you are creating. handy, I say!
- iOs AND Android apps – You can set up your cut designs from anywhere with the mobile apps available for both iOs and Android. Easily create the layouts you want to create on your iPhone and save for later then finish on your computer. You can send designs to cut right from the mobile app or save to your Design Space account and access it later.
- Beautiful Design Details – actually, the design is even prettier and the size is slightly bigger with the Cricut Maker. But not much bigger. The Cricut Maker will still fit in your carrying case and should still fit on your favorite craft shelf. They’ve also included a little extra fancy bling and texturing.
More New things about the Cricut Maker
Let’s be honest, not everyone loves change, especially when we already love or are happy with what we have. So here’s the low-down. There’s a few things that are changing with the new Cricut Maker that you might find yourself wondering… why did they do that???
I’ve got answers for you! And, I think these are even more reasons to love this new machine.
No More Open Button – Nope, the open button is gone. To open the doors on the machine, you simply lift up the top door and the bottom door will follow. It’s really quite elegant to see. Who needs extra buttons anyway?
No More Dial – eeek, what!? My first thought was, “they what!?”. I use that dial all the time. I forget I changed materials mid-cut and I love that I can easily just change the material setting right there. I love my material dial. No worries, my friends! The dial isn’t needed. You can still pause the project at any time. The pause button is still there. When you forget you aren’t cutting cardstock but are cutting vinyl instead, just hit pause. All the options are in the app and just waiting to help you whenever you need it. I do love this new design feature.
The cartridge slot has been removed – They took out this slot to make the tool storage bigger. But no worries, if you have cartridges you haven’t synced to Design Space and you don’t currently own an Explore or find yourself getting a hold of tangible cartridges, you can get an external cartridge drive to allow you to sync your cartridges. If you have already synced your cartridges with your current Explore machine, then you’re all set… you don’t need to repeat the process with this new machine. Your designs are already available in Design Space. Don’t forget, when you buy a “cartridge” through Design Space, you own those designs the same as if you bought the tangible cartridge. So if don’t need the cartridge slot anyway.
The Cricut Maker is the a fantastic new addition to the Cricut family of cutting machines. Whether you are looking to create sewing projects, paper projects or something entirely different… the Cricut can help you cut it! You’ll be making projects for every occasion with your Cricut. I’d love to hear all about it!
Where to Buy Cricut Maker
You can currently buy the Cricut Maker cutting machine online from the following retailers. Each retailer offers a little bit different bundles and offers throughout the year, so I like to share them all. Right now everyone is offering about the same pricing. I personally prefer to shop direct from the source. The Cricut team is fabulous and always happy to help!
- Cricut Maker from Cricut.com and Cricut Maker must haves
- Cricut Maker from Michaels
- Ciruct Maker from Joann.com
- Cricut Maker on Amazon
I love the that the Cricut team is always working to improve what they provide. They didn’t just create a machine and let it be. They listen to the things we, as customers, say. They here our complaints and they get excited about the things we love. They are constantly looking for better ways to help us do what we do best… create! This new Cricut Maker is a beautiful piece of crafting equipment. With all it’s features and accessories, we will be able to create even more fantastic things.
I can’t wait to hear all about what YOU create!
Read about How to Use Cricut Maker and Fabric – Oh how I love this feature!
When you get your machine, please do stop back by and tell me about it. I’d love to celebrate the moment with you!