The Cricut Maker 3 is the newest in Cricut Maker family of electronic cutting machines. This is the big sister to the original Cricut Maker. If you are new to Cricut crafting, this machine is the ultimate in cutting options. If you are already a fan of Cricut machines, the Maker 3 has a few new features you might love too.
Say Hello to Cricut Maker 3
This new cutting machine just launched and became available for purchase to the public in June. Bookmark this page and come back to find updates and more info about this Cricut machine. I'll update with more information as I learn it.
About the Cricut Maker 3 Cutting Machine
Both machines are currently available and supported. This new machine includes a few upgraded features that make it perfect for the small business, handmade manufacturer as well as the hobbyist.
The tools and accessories available for this series work well with both machines, but Smart materials only work mat-less with the 3 series (Maker and Explore) and the Cricut joy.
All of the projects you can make with the original Cricut Maker and the Explore series can be created with the Cricut Maker 3.
If you don't yet own a Cricut machine, the Maker series machines are great machines. Buy the Maker 3 or go with the classic original Maker, you can't go wrong with either. While the Maker 3 has some extra bells and whistles, the ability to cut such a wide variety of materials and use all the different tools, makes it a must have in the craft room.
What Does the Cricut Maker 3 Do?
The Cricut Maker 3 is an upgraded version of the original Cricut Maker electronic cutting machine. Here are the features of this machine:
- Cut over 300 different materials from tissue paper to leather and craft wood.
- Cut fabric and draw sewing marks.
- Draw and write with a variety of different pens and markers.
- Score, emboss, deboss, perforate and add foil line art accents.
What's Included with the Cricut Maker 3
Straight out of the box, the Cricut Maker 3 comes with samples of Smart materials, a power cord and the cutting machine.
If you buy one of the bundles, it will come with a good selection of Smart materials like vinyl, iron-on and sticker cardstock. The bundles also include the must have tools you need when crafting with your Cricut (all that fun weeding needs a tool!). I recommend adding at a standard mat to your purchase so you can cut all the other materials as right away too.
Should I upgrade to a Cricut Maker 3?
If you already own a Cricut cutting machine, the Cricut maker 3 is for you if:
- You need a wider cut space – the Maker 3 allows for a little extra width when using Smart materials. If you need that extra, this is a handy upgrade. This won't impact the print-and-cut projects or materials cut on a mat.
- You need a longer cut allowance – the Maker 3 can cut continuously for up to 4 feet with Smart iron-on and whopping 12 feet with Smart vinyl! If you make things like signs, car decals or other large format project, the longer cutting option is a big win.
- You need the latest and greatest – I know some people really love having the newest of the new when it comes to tools or technology. If that's you, this machine is your goto next purchase for sure. It cuts faster, larger and is compatible with the new Smart materials. Sometimes new is all you need!
Where to buy Cricut Maker 3
The Maker 3 launched for sale on Cricut.com as well as various retailers on June 10th, 2021. Buy the machine on its own or as a bundle. Shop for Cricut Maker 3.
With the launch of this new machine, the Cricut Maker 3 is currently priced at a discount for the machine only as well as 2 bundle options through Cricut directly. Click here to shop Cricut.com. These are all great prices for these machines.
You can also buy the Cricut Maker 3 at the following retailers:
- Joann Stores
Still looking for Cricut information? Here are some more resources for you.
- Learn about the original machine with my Cricut Maker Review
- Cricut tips, resources and tutorials
- Must Have Cricut Supplies