Making a personalized gift with your Cricut is simple. In just a few steps you can create custom gifts your family and friends will love. This personalized tote and stationery gift set is a fun gift to create for any age. Pick favorite colors and a monogram and you'll be able to create the perfect gift in no time!
Make a Personalized Tote and Stationery Gift Set
I love to create personalized gifts. There's something extra special about adding a personal touch to gifts we give. Even if you don't want to make a full handmade gift, you can personalize gifts you buy with a simple monogram or color accent.
Today I'll show you how to create a custom gift set. Personalizing is easy when you have a Cricut machine. In an afternoon you can make a custom tote bag for your favorite friend. Or create a monogram stationery set to gift all your family members. This Cricut project is already set up and ready for you to create within Cricut Design Space.
The Cricut Explore Air 2 comes in a variety of colors and works with a number of different accessories. You can cut, draw and score with this machine. It's perfect for paper crafts and Iron-on projects.
I have the original Mint Explore Air 2. It's been a fantastic addition to my craft room for a number of years. Of course, I love using the pens with it, but it also creates amazing cut designs.
I used my Cricut Explore Air 2 to create this entire gift set. This machine works perfectly with all the different Cricut pens, including Cricut Infusible Ink. Pick your favorite pen colors and you're ready to go. I am going to show you how to make each project in this set, see below.
Make a personalized tote bag with Cricut
Grab your Infusible ink pens and a compatible tote bag for this project. I've got the project set up and ready for you to customize. Let's get started.
- Cricut machine and Cricut Design Space
- Tote bag project canvas
- Cricut Infusible ink pens
- Cricut EasyPress and mat
- White paper
- Parchment paper
- Go to the pre-set Cricut project canvas for this personalized tote bag.
- Edit the design to use your monogram letter and favorite ink colors.
- Follow on-screen instructions to create the monogram design on white paper. Don't forget to mirror the image before creating.
- Pre-heat your EasyPress to 400 degrees. (As per Infusible ink user instructions)
- Place the EasyPress mat inside the tote bag. Iron out any wrinkles on the tote bag.
- Using a lint brush, clean off the tote bag.
- Place design face down on the tote bag, and tape it into place with heat-safe tape. Cover with parchment paper.
- Heat set the infusible ink design onto the tote bag.
Make a personalized stationery set with Cricut
Create a custom look with handmade stationery and your Cricut machine. You can choose your own color scheme and even change up the type of ink you use to create these cards. I used pastel glitter gel pens, perfect for a tween gift. You can also create these note cards in just black and white to create coloring cards. Include colored pencils with the set for a fun activity for your recipient.
- Cricut machine and Cricut Design Space
- Stationery project canvas
- Cricut glitter gel ink pens
- Cardstock in a variety of colors
- Printer and printable vinyl for stickers
- Glue or other adhesive
- Go to the pre-set Cricut project canvas for this personalized stationery set.
- Edit the design for your own colors and monogram letter.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to create the different layers for each stationery piece.
- Assemble the stationery. Layer cardstock for the cards and adhere in place. Fold and glue envelopes as needed.
- Print out sticker designs on printable vinyl. Make sure you adjust the cut setting to vinyl for this cut layer so the Cricut won't cut all the way through your vinyl backing paper.
You can package the stationery by stacking the cards and envelopes together and then tying them with twine. Include some cute pens and you'll have a fun, personalized gift anyone would love!
As an added touch, create personalized stickers with printable vinyl and your Cricut. Simply choose a monogram design, print and then cut the images. I've included these designs in the Cricut Design Space canvas as well.
Whether you are looking to make one special personalized gift, or a whole bag of gifts for all your friends, personalizing is simple with Cricut. You can easily change letter styles and colors of designs you use for your handmade gifts. Duplicate a gift idea in just minutes. Plus you can save time with all that cutting!
I use my Cricut Explore Air 2 for all kinds of personalized gift ideas. From monograms to custom-colored designs. There are plenty of gift-giving ideas just waiting for you to create!