Add one last personal touch to your Christmas gifts by creating custom DIY Christmas gift tags just for that special someone. Here I am sharing the list gift tags I have created to inspire your creativity. Some of these gift tags are available as Christmas Printables you can download, print and use. Other gift tags are projects you can make from scratch while others are Christmas Cricut projects you can create. I share tutorials, files and supplies to help you along the way.
DIY Christmas Gift Tags
You can customize these Christmas gift tags however you'd like… use your favorite paper and materials or add a little sparkle with glitter. Whatever you'd like, make it your own! Print tags or make tags with your Cricut machine, there's all kinds of ideas for you.
Make your own Christmas Gift Tags
Click an image below to view each Christmas Gift Tag tutorial, download available printables and explore each gift tag idea.
[justified_image_grid preset=1 thumb_spacing=15 row_height=250 aspect_ratio=1:1 limit=0 recent_posts=yes recents_tags=”christmas-tags”]
Christmas Gift Tags to Make with Your Cricut
You'll also find fun Christmas tags you can make with your Cricut machine. Some of the tags are available through Cricut Designs Space and some are cut files you can get directly from me. Find your favorites and enjoy the wrapping. I'd love to see what you create!
[justified_image_grid preset=1 thumb_spacing=15 row_height=250 aspect_ratio=1:1 limit=0 recent_posts=yes recents_tags=”christmas-tags+cricut-projects”]
Tips for Creating Christmas Gift Tags
I like to think of a gift tag as the final decoration of a gift. Sure, it's a tag to say who the gift is to and from, but the tag is so much more. Add personality with your gift tags. Add a little touch of glitter or even a keepsake to hold on to. I like to add in ornaments, candy and pretty ribbons with my gift tags for that “extra touch”. The best part… gift tags are so quick and easy to create that you can make a special tag for each gift. Here are some ideas of how to use gift tags to personalize your gifts.
- Print out tags and add embellishments such as glitter or hand color.
- Use a variety of materials to attach your gift tags – twine, ribbon and raffia are some favorites.
- Add a gift tag and add a bow for an extra pretty decor touch to your gifts.
- Layer gift tags to create a fancy tag look. You can cut out the tags and then layer on top of other cardstock.
- Make ornaments that double as a gift tag so the special someone can cherish their keepsake for years to come.
- Personalize gift tags with art you create yourself.
- Use non-traditional colors for extra fun. You don't have to stick with traditional Christmas colors, the gift tag can be fun and funky.
Do you like to make your own gift tags too? I'd love to hear your favorite tips.