Gift tags are the extra little touch you can add to your gifts. I like to add tags that can be kept and used for something else. You can make just one or a whole pile, this is an an easy Cricut project you can make in under 30 minutes.
I created these cute DIY penguin gift tag ornaments by stacking layers of cardstock to make an adorable ornament they can keep even after all the gift wrap is gone. I’ve set up a Cricut Design Space project that’s ready for you to get crafting.
Make Your Own Penguin Gift Tag Ornaments
I’ve designed a bunch of different Christmas themed penguins you can use to make your own gift tags (or other fun holiday crafts). They’re all available through the the Cricut Design Space.
- Cricut Explore Cutting Machine
- Cricut Design Space™ software
- Penguin Cut Designs by Jen Goode
- 12″ x 12″ Standard Grip Cricut® mat
- White cardstock
- Colored cardstock in various colors
- Glue or Mod Podge
- Follow onscreen instructions to print and cut each paper penguin design.
- Layer cut pieces using Mod Podge to adhere them together.
- Adhere printed penguin design on top of cut shapes. Press firmly together.
- Add a twine hanging loop to the top of the penguin design.
Tip: Use colored cardstock for the stacking layers to create a fun look to your penguin ornaments.
Don’t have a Cricut cutting machine? You can create this project by hand with a printable! Download the file below and cut out each design as you’d like and get crafting.
See below for details to make this project in Cricut Design Space.
The Make it now project is set up with the cute winter penguin. However, you can use any of the penguin designs to create more fun tags. Just add the designs from the design library and repeat the steps. I’ve set up another DS canvas with all the penguins I used here.
Stop back by and tell me about your own projects. I’ve love to hear what you create!
Pick your favorite penguin or make them all! You can easily create your own gift tags, penguin ornaments and other holiday decor with these cute penguin cartoons I designed. Grab your Cricut machine and let’s get crafting. I hope you have fun with them, I can’t wait to hear what you create!