This easy shamrock garland makes a great accent piece for your home decor or party decorating.Make some cut paper shamrocks and you’ll have a fun St. Patrick’s Day Garland in under 10 minutes! Cut out a variety of shamrock sizes to use for your St. Patrick’s day decor projects. I’ll show you how to make this quick and easy Cricut project in not time, let’s get started!
Easy Shamrock Garland
I used a basic green cardstock to cut my paper shamrocks. However, you can use a wide variety of materials from different shades of green cardstock to glitter papers. Make your garland as simple or ornate as you’d like. This basic garland with just a few sizes of shamrocks can be made, start to finish, in about 15 minutes. I’ve set up a Cricut Design Space Canvas you can use to get a head start. Just load your paper and cut!
- Green card stock
- Shamrocks – Jen Goode’s shamrock cut file (search for image #MC47751 in Design Space)
- Twine, ribbon or raffia
- Glue or tape
- Cricut Machine
- I used white raffia for my shamrock garland, but you can use whatever you’d like to string the shamrocks together.
- Cut out shamrocks with Cricut machine and Jen Goode’s shamrock cut file.
- Glue each shamrock, in whatever size order you’d like, to the raffia. If you are using twine or a shiny ribbon, sometimes tape will hold the paper to the ribbon better.
- Allow glue to dry thoroughly. The display the garland however you’d like.
For extra fun, add tassels or ribbon curls to your garland string. You can also add a bow to either end of the garland for a pretty finished touch.
Change up the shamrocks with four-leaf clovers, add glitter or foil papers for a fancier garland. I added some crepe paper tassels on a second string of raffia to add some extra layered look to the garland. Experiment with your ideas and have fun creating!