Make your own St. Patrick's Day accessories with a Free Shamrock SVG. Learn how to make an easy DIY shamrock necklace. Use the SVG cut file to create coordinating earrings or completely switch ideas and make your own St. Patrick's Day Cricut project.
Create party decor or even a cute t-shirt. We're creating this necklace using faux leather and iron foil vinyl, however, you can use other materials to create your own unique look.
Make Your Own St. Patrick's Day Projects
Grab a whole bunch of free SVG files for St. Patrick's Day and you can make all these fun projects! I've joined up with some of my creative friends to share these projects with you today. Each of us designed an SVG cut file and are showcasing one project we think you'll love.
I decided to go with a necklace because I personally don't wear a ton of green. In my house, we also like to be sneaky about the green we wear on St. Patrick's day. Tradition has it, if you don't wear green, you get pinched, right? But if someone pinches you, and you are really wearing green, you get to pinch them back! Or so our household seems to think. So a necklace is the perfect, not-so-obviously bit of green you can wear for a variety of occasions… well after March 17th.
How to Make an Easy DIY Shamrock Necklace
Make a pretty little shamrock necklace just in time for St. Patrick's Day. I've created this design at a delicate 1″ wide, but you can resize to suit your own preference.
- Cricut Machine and Cricut Design Space
- Free Shamrock SVG Design by Jen Goode
- Faux leather in green
- Foil vinyl in gold
- Jewelry necklace findings and appropriate pliers
- Easypress or iron
- Parchment paper
- Craft glue
- Download the Shamrock SVG designed for the necklace and upload to your Cricut Design Space account.
- Ungroup the entire design.
- Copy the full shamrock shape and make a mirror image. This will be the backside of your necklace.
- Set each layer as cut. Don't forget to mirror the inner gold “ring' shape so that it cuts ready to iron-on the faux leather.
- Follow onscreen instructions to cut each of the two layers from their appropriate materials.
- Iron on the foil to the faux leather.
- Glue two faux leather shamrocks together.
- Add jewelry findings to finish your necklace.
- This pendant would make fantastic earrings or a keychain too!
Download a this Free Shamrock SVG
I've created two shamrock SVG files you can download here. One has a variety of layers you can use to mix and match to create all kinds of projects. The other SVG is a much more simple cut file designed specifically for this necklace. I've already created the final shapes and sliced out the circle for the necklace findings.
This second download below comes with two individual files. One is an SVG in layers so you can mix and match all the pieces. The other file is a PNG, already colored, so you can easily just print and cut it.
More St. Patrick's Day SVGs
- One Lucky Lil Miss or Man from Simply Crafted Life
- Lucky Charm from Pineapple Paper Company
- Sittin' on a Pot o' Gold from The Country Chic Cottage
- Pinch Proof from Happiness is Homemade
- Shamrocks and Shenanigans from Everyday Party Magazine
- Clovers and Shamrocks from 100 Directions
- Lucky Periodic Table from See Lindsay
- Irish I Had Another Glass from Kingston Crafts
- This is My Lucky Shirt from That's What Che Said
- Lucky Charms from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Pinch Charming from Happy Go Lucky Blog
- Shenanigans and Malarkey from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Feeling Lucky from Pattern Revolution
- Shamrock Heart Lucky in Love from Hello Creative Family
- Shamrock with Lucky Cutout from Crafting in the Rain
- Too Cute to Pinch from Hey Let's Make Stuff
More St. Patrick's Day SVG Cut Files
Below are all these St. Patrick's Day SVG Cut files we are featuring today. Pick your favorites or pick them all. I'd love to hear which one/s you choose and see what you create! Happy making!