Did you know you can make your own coloring pages with your Cricut? Today I'm going to show you how to make your own butterfly coloring page. This Coloring page Cricut project can be created with any of the Cricut Explore or Maker machines. You just need my butterfly SVG design and a pen of your choice.
Make Your Own Butterfly Coloring Page
Make a full butterfly coloring page, or single butterflies for your DIY paper projects. You can make cute coloring cards or tags or any kind of project that would be fun to add a coloring design accent. AND, this cut file can be used to create a whole slew of other projects from vinyl cute designs to paper crafts.
- Butterfly SVG design by Jen Goode
- Cricut machine (Explore, Air or Maker)
- Cricut Pen
- White Cardstock
- Colored pencils (optional)
- Upload the butterfly design to Cricut Design Space.
- Set all the layers to drawing/writing. Group like pieces together to create full designs. Each wing includes a separate design layer, you can attach all 4 of these pieces to create one set or “weld” them to create a single piece.
- Move designs around to create the image you'd like.
- You can duplicate pieces to create multiple butterflies. Add extra pieces to some butterflies and layer different draw lines to create different looks.
- Once you have a design you like, select the entire canvas (select all) and attach all the pieces into one set. This will set the full design to stay in place when you go to the “make it” mat.
- Click the make it button and follow on the on screen instructions.
- For a more advanced design, consider drawing different sections in different pen colors. If you need help doing this, check out my multiple-line drawing tutorial.
Tip: I like to use a little thicker pen to draw coloring pages, but the standard black/midnight Cricut pen is ok too.
Multi-layered Butterfly Cut File
Download this butterfly cut file through my shop. The file comes with multiple layers that you can customize and create with. There's also a set of “draw lines” that will allow you to create these fun coloring pages.
Don't have a cutting machine? Download the PDF coloring page version of this art:
Make a butterfly with your Cricut
Here is a quick video to demonstrate how I like to color these pretty little butterflies.
Note: To keep my coloring page layout in proportion with my paper, I set up a rectangle to draw at 8.5×11″ and I designed within this space. I then reduced the full image layout with this rectangle in place before sending the design to the mat.
You might also like: More Butterfly Cut Files