As it gets warmer outside, we start heading to the sunshine to play and to create. Around my house, we’re always looking for things to make outside. Whether it’s a fort or painting a new flower pot, there’s always something fun to help get our hands dirty. Here are a few project ideas that might inspire some fun outdoor crafts with your family.
Great Outdoor Crafts
You might want to plan for a big project, or maybe you just want a quick creative moment. If you grab some paint and a brush, you’re sure to find some kind of fun outside (stay away from the house bricks… you can’t undo that!). Here are some really fun projects, there is something for everyone!
Looking to update your front porch or maybe you want to create a pretty patio full of beautiful greenery? The Crafted Sparrow shares how to up-cycle tin cans to make these beautiful modern painted tin planters. I love how bright the colors are!
Red Ted Art shows us that you don’t have to stick with just veggies and flowers in your garden. Next time you want to create something outside, why not make a grass caterpillar? Read more about this fun critters at Red ted Art.
Outdoor decor isn’t just about plants and pretty garden art. You can also create some really fun accessories that are perfect for entertaining or are just plane fun. Liz on Call created this super cute Chalkboard Sandwich board and shares a tutorial so you can too.
More Outdoor Decor and Craft ideas
- Make Paper Lanterns for your next outdoor party or an evening under the stars.
- Make Rock Art – beautiful pieces to inspire you by Natasha Newton
- Paint with Dandelions – I’ve never tried painted with an actual flower, have you? It looks amazingly fun!
- Make a rain chain – I love the sound of water, this is a great project to reuse old material and make something you can enjoy.
- Add birdhouses to an arbor – for a cute entry into your garden.
- I’m in love with this mosaic garden pathway, however I haven’t been able to hunt down the original source so I don’t know how to make it. I’m not sure I’m brave enough to experiment and just figure it out. But WOW, isn’t that beautiful?
- Make pretty wire garden art – this is a lot of fun to do, but does take some strong fingers… or easy to bend wire.
- Make your own Citronella Candles and keep those pesky bugs away when you’re outside creating.
- Quick and easy Mason Jar Solar lights will come in handy this summer.. and they look pretty neat too.
- Make your own DIY Pallet Swing – I wish I had a tree big enough for this — or a patio!
- You can always get outside and start gardening or maybe add some pretty decor pieces to your garden.
- Check out these super cute DIY garden mushrooms, these look so fun!
- After you create all these great outdoor decor pieces, hop on over to Here Comes the Sun and get tips for decorating and styling your porch, hand, right!?
There are so many more fun crafts and activities you can create out doors. I’ve love to hear what your favorites are! For more outdoor decor and craft inspiration, check out my Outdoor Decor Pinterest Board.