This breakfast burrito recipe is so easy to make and so delicious. It's a quick, on-the-go breakfast recipe that is sure to be a hit. We love to make this simple recipe when we know we're going to be on the road or at a sports event. You can make them ahead of time and heat up right before you leave. or you can make them in the morning before you head out where ever you are going. These breakfast burritos are a favorite for long sports tournament weekends too.
Breakfast Burrito Recipe
With veggies – remember, you can add or remove any ingredients you want. You can't mess up a breakfast burrito. The only thing that can go wrong is not cooking the food enough or maybe burning it (which I do sometimes). So just watch your cooking and you'll be set! Another thing to note.. if you are cooking with sausage or another salty meat, don't add more salt without tasting the mixture first or you could end up with a big mouthful of not-so-yummy salt food.
Looking for the shopping list? Check out all the ingredients for these quick breakfast burritos.
Instructions to make veggie breakfast burritos
If you are in a hurry, you can cook up a whole batch of these breakfast burritos in about 20 minutes as long as your sausage is pre-cooked or you leave the meat out.
- Mix eggs and milk together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet melt the butter on medium to medium-high. Add in the mushrooms and onions. Sautee until the onions are soft.
- Add in sausage and the rest of the vegetables. Cook until the spinach is wilted down.
- Add in egg mixture and cook thoroughly, stirring occasionally. When its all cooked you'll end up with a scrambled egg kind of mixture with all your veggies and eggs and sausage mixed together.
- Scoop some egg mixture into a tortilla, top with cheese and roll the tortilla closed. If you use a larger tortilla, you can properly fold it if you'd like.
- You can wrap each burrito in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for later or eat hot and fresh immediately.
Makes about 6 burritos, depending on how much you fill each.
I haven't tried freezing the vegetable burritos yet, but the standard egg, sausage and cheese breakfast burritos turn out great from the freezer! If you want to wrap up these burritos, just grab some plastic wrap – I prefer Press ‘n Seal (LOVE IT!) – and then roll the burrito until it seals.. then close and fold the ends. For this batch of burritos, I did not fold the tortilla ends, but you can if you'd like.
More Breakfast Burrito Recipes
Would you like to make the classic egg, sausage and potato easy breakfast burrito? We make these ahead of time in big batches, freeze them and then the kids have a hot, homemade breakfast every day without the wait.
Do you have a favorite breakfast burrito recipe?