A couple days ago I was talking about collecting Box Tops to earn money for your school. Today I'm going to show you a fun project you can make with the products you've purchased while encouraging the kids to get involved too. My kids love to look for the Box Tops on the packages as we shop. it's a bit of a family challenge – who can clip out the Box Tops first. But you need a place to put all those Box Tops once you've collected them. So today we're making a fun Minion jar, I think it will do the trick!
When I went shopping for my Box Tops products earlier, I picked up a whole bunch of different products. To make today's project, I'm using graphics off of the boxes of three of these products.
Look for the 5 Box Tops label at Walmart – this is special Bonus Box Tops offers on select General Mills® products!
DIY Box Tops Minion Jar
You can make this same project using different pieces and parts of your cereal boxes or other product packaging. Recycle the packages into a fun craft the whole family can join in on.
Materials you need:
- Minions Cereal
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal (or other box with larger Box Tops labels)
- Totino's Pizza
- Medium sized glass jar
- Double sized tape
- Clear packaging tape
We used extra Minion's on our jar. I really love this graphic from the Minion cereal…
Instructions to make your own Box Tops Minion Jar
- Cut out Minion graphics from the Minions cereal.
- Cut out the Box Tops graphics from your other boxes. Don't forget to grab the “Earn Cash for your school” graphic.
- Place each graphic around the jar and set in place with the double sided tape. The cardboard is pretty thick, so it will not bend easily around your jar. Don't worry about this. Just place the graphics where you'd like them.
- Then, seal the graphics in place using the clear packaging tape. it might be a little easier to have one person hold the jar while the other person applies large strips of tape. I did it all by myself for this example… but I think with two sets of hands, you can probably get a little smoother tape finish.
So what do you think? Box Tops + Minions = a whole lotta fun, right? Learn more about earning money with Walmart and Box Tops.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine.