Make cute little garden picks in just a few steps with your Cricut. You can choose your own custom fonts, label words and even the material you use so your garden picks are uniquely your own. Use materials you have right at home!
Save yourself the trouble of writing out all those labels and cutting all the cute flags by hand. Instead, let your Cricut machine do all the work. This is and easy and a useful craft, a cute Cricut project that the whole family can help with.
A little family garden is a fun activity I’ve always loved. You can watch seeds grow and then enjoy the veggies or fruits you’ve been carrying for. To help keep everything organized and keep track of which seeds are which, garden picks come in really useful.
Make Your Own Mini Garden Picks
Make your garden picks cute with pretty papers and fun fonts! This is where the Cricut comes in really handy. You don’t have to have nice handwriting to have cute “handwritten” tags. Just set the words up in Cricut Design Space and your Cricut machine will do all the fancy writing.
- Cricut Machine and Cricut Design Space
- Mini garden pick project canvas set up by Jen Goode
- Adhesive backed paper – “Always Spring” by Jen Goode
- Go to the project canvas I’ve set up for you in Cricut Design Space.
- Edit any labels or sizing you’d like.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to draw and cut your mini garden picks. I used Adhesive backed paper. You can use cardstock and double sided tape, glue or another material if you’d like.
- Using one cut label, place a toothpick on in middle inside and then adhere the two ends of the paper together.
- Press paper firmly together and hold for about 30 seconds to make sure it sticks. If for some reason the paper doesn’t hold together, use glue.
- Optionally, seal the paper with a spray sealer.
Learn more about the Cricut Joy and all the materials you can craft with.
Learn more about How to Write and Draw with your Cricut and Projects you can make with the Cricut pen.
More ways to make your own garden picks
I used my Cricut Joy to make these mini garden picks. Here are a few other ways you can make your own garden picks with whatever materials you have. You can use any Cricut machine (or cut by hand) if you prefer. If you use a Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore machine, you can choose to print the text on a cardstock or paper.
This entire week, I’m sharing Family Fun activities you can make with your Cricut. I’m co-hosting the week’s events along with The Country Chic Cottage, 30 Minute Crafts and Mad in Crafts. A whole bunch of our crafty blogging friends will be joining in with their own ideas all week long, so check back each day for more ideas.