Parties are best when there’s plenty of food, drink and good people. Along with all your yummy treats and delicious dishes, add in a couple munchies for your guests to enjoy. This Quick and Easy Christmas Party Mix Recipe is the perfect snack food to add to your Christmas festivities. This Christmas recipe is quick to make and delicious. You can change up this recipe to suit your own personal taste… more M&Ms or more salty goodness, it’s entirely up to you!
Quick and Easy Christmas Party Mix Recipe
Ingredients you need:
- 4 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup straight pretzels
- 1 Cup variety of nuts
- 1 Cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbs cinnamon Sugar
- 1 tbs Salt
- 1/4 cup Harvest colored M&Ms (or sort from regular M&Ms: yellow, brown and red)
- 10 ounces almond bark melting chocolate – white and chocolate
Note about ingredients, I used a pre-packaged mix of nuts and cranberries I found at Target plus extra cranberries. The nuts are cashews and almonds.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, pretzels, 1/2 cup nuts and 1/2 cup cranberries.
- In another bowl melt 2 blocks of the white chocolate – follow directions on package for microwave melting.
- Pour and gently stir chocolate into large bowl of ingredients. You just want a light covering of the white chocolate, not overly saturated.
- Spread ingredients on to a baking sheet. I cover my sheet with a piece of parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Melt chocolate flavored melting chocolate – 2 blocks to start. Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over the party mix.
- Layer more nuts and cranberries and drizzle more chocolate.
- Sprinkle salt and cinnamon sugar over the entire mix while the chocolate is still wet.
- Allow to cool and harden, about 15-30 minutes.
- Break apart and scoop into a clean party bowl and serve.
Tip: The chocolate cools pretty quickly, so make sure to move quick. Because you’re drizzling most of the chocolate, it’s ok to have little clumps here and there. You’ll be breaking it apart to serve anyhow.
Serving: I provided a spoon and little paper cups so people could serve themselves a small amount to carry around with them.
For extra flavor, add in ready-made Chex mix.