A party is always better with tasty party food. This Chocolate Halloween party mix is easy to make and oh so yummy! This is a chocolate version of the classic Muddy Buddies recipe we all love so much.Use your favorite Chex cereal or use more than one flavor… this is a great party recipe to customize for your Halloween festivities!
Easy Chocolate Halloween Party Mix
Create your own Halloween party mix with just a few ingredients. You can customize the colors and flavors to fit your party theme. Serve in a big bowl or package in cute little treat bags with custom bag toppers. This is one Halloween party recipe you will want to make again and again.
- Chex cereal – any flavor. I used Rice Chex
- Hot Cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- White melting chocolate or vanilla almond bark
- Halloween sprinkles
- Mini marshmallows
- Pour Chex cereal in a large bowl.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. I start by cooking for 45 minutes, stir and then add another 30-45 seconds until there are no lumps.
- Pour chocolate over Chex cereal and stir to cover thoroughly.
- Pour 1/2 the hot coco over the Cereal mixture and stir. Add remaining hot coco and stir until all the cereal is covered. Alternatively, you can put the melted covered Chex in a large plastic bag and then pour the hot coco powder into the bag… then shake until well coated. (The kids love to help with this!).
- Spread the mixture out on a cookie sheet. I like to cover my cookie sheet with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Melt melting chocolate (or almond bark) in the microwave, following package instructions. Blend in food coloring and then drizzle over the cereal.
- Sprinkle on marshmallows and Halloween sprinkles. The trick is to sprinkle on all the decorative candies while the almond bark is still hot so the sprinkles and marshmallows stick to the snack mix.
- Allow all the chocolate and candy to cool and harden.
- Place in a bowl or package however you’d like.
Depending on the sprinkles and melted chocolate color, you can change up the look of this chocolate Halloween party mix pretty easily. Change up the flavor by adding extract to the melted almond bark or choosing a flavored melting chocolate. Have fun with it!
If you’d like to try another easy Halloween party mix, here is a favorite.
Package this party mix with cute Happy Halloween bat bag toppers.