Today we're making easy Halloween Party Mix, ohhh, ahhh, YUM! I don't like going to parties empty handed, but most of the time I don't have the time to make a fancy treat or appetizer to bring. I have about 15 minutes to come up with something for a Halloween party this past weekend and then I found a recipe for a party mix that I modified a bit to create this yummy Halloween treat. It was a big hit! I was able to make a big bowl of the snack in about 10 minutes.
Quick and Yummy Halloween Party Mix
You can change up any of the ingredients in this party mix, add your own favorite candy colors or extra flavors. Have fun and add in your own creativity, this party mix is sure to be a hit at your Halloween party!
- 1 cup Candy Corn
- 4 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup small pretzels
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 chocolate sprinkles
- 1/4 cup M&Ms
- 1 cups original flavor Chex mix
- 10 ounces almond bark (white melting chocolate)
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, chex mix and pretzels.
- In another bowl melt 1/2 of the chocolate – follow directions on package.
- Pour and gently stir chocolate into large bowl with chex mix.
- Melt other half of chocolate, pour into party mix.
- Add raisins and candies and continue to gently stir.
- Finally add chocolate sprinkles.
Tip: The chocolate cools pretty quickly, so make sure to move quick or you'll end up with party mix that has clumps of chocolate and nothing sticking together.
Serving: I chose to serve this Halloween party mix in a big bowl. I provided a spoon and cupcake liners so people could serve themselves a small amount to carry around with them.
You could omit the Chex mix, however the extra flavor really adds a nice tang to the mix.
Thank you to Tablespoon.com for the Chex Mix inspiration.
More Halloween treat ideas
Take a look at these other fun Halloween project ideas to compliment your Halloween Party mix: