Make your own cute Hand-stitched Halloween Pumpkin Tea Towel in just a few steps. With free pumpkin and Halloween face SVG files, you can create a variety of different Halloween crafts. Let's get started!
Hand-stitched Halloween Pumpkin Tea Towel
Grab some felt and your Cricut and you can make appliques to hand sew on kitchen or bath hand towels. These pumpkin SVGs are perfect for Halloween crafts and decor for your own home.
- Cricut Machine and Cricut Design Space – the Cricut Maker is my 1st choice for cutting felt.
- Free pumpkin and pumpkin face SVG files (see below)
- Cricut EasyPress or standard iron
- Hand towel
- Orange Felt
- Gray or black thread and needle
- Black iron-on vinyl and iron
- Download the cut files below. Upload to Cricut Design Space.
- Layout the pumpkin designs with cute Halloween faces however you'd like. I made my cut shapes about 2.5 inches wide.
- Follow on-screen instructions to cut the felt and vinyl.
- Follow vinyl packaging to iron Halloween faces to felt pumpkins.
- Stitch pumpkins to towel as shown.
I used a gray thread because I couldn't find my black thread and I wanted the stitches to show. I think, now that I've sewing the pumpkins on, I prefer the gray, it helps the black accents show off as the focus of the design.
Note: in the photo instructions, it shows the pumpkin sewn to the towel before the face is ironed on. You can apply the vinyl either before you stitch or after. I think before would make it easier to complete, but that's only because I had to iron after stitching everything together. Either way, the project should work out great!
- Optionally, I added a little bit of green twine around the stem of the pumpkin on my Halloween tea towel. You could also stitch a green vine if you'd like.
Bonus! You could use this same tea towel project to create pumpkin tea towels for fall or Thanksgiving. Just leave off the face and use a coordinating base towel.
Little Pumpkin SVG
Mix and Match Halloween Face Cutouts
Brand new: 3 Little pumpkins with the faces all ready to go.
3 Little Pumpkins Cute SVG File
Have fun with this cute Halloween Cricut project!
You can get a whole different look just by changing the face and the color of your base towel. Try a purple or black towel with more of a grumpy face. Or maybe a green towel with a super smiley face. You can make a coordinating towel pair for your kitchen and a full set of guest towels for your bath. There are a ton of fun ways to use these cut files… I hope you have fun.
Happy Halloween creating!
More Free Halloween SVG files
for Cricut Crafting
Take a look at all these fun, free SVG cut files you can use for your own Halloween craft projects.
- Ghost Boo – The Country Chic Cottage
- Resting Witch Face – Kingston Crafts
- Home Sweet Haunted Home – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Little Monster – Pineapple Paper Co.
- If The Shoe Fits – That's What Che Said
- Shake Your Boo Thang – Hello Creative Family
- Let's Get Smashed – Hey, Let's Make Stuff
- Eat, Drink, and Be Scary – Happiness is Homemade
- Cute Pumpkins – 100 Directions
- Salem Broom Co. – Everyday Party Magazine
- Ghouls Just Want to Have Fun – Happy Go Lucky
- Feed Me Candy and Call Me Boo! – seeLINDSAY
- Hey Ghoul Hey – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- This Is My Human Costume – The Simply Crafted Life
- Come In and Sit For A Spell – Crafting in the Rain