Make your own pretty flower accessories. This DIY 3 in 1 Felt Flower Accessories is simple to create and if you have a Cricut, you can make them in minutes! Did you know you could make jewelry fashion accessories with pretty cut felt? Yep! So grab some felt and let's get making!
Make your Own 3 in 1 Felt Flower Accessories
This felt fashion accessory project is really simple to create. With this one cut design, using your Cricut machine, you can create a headband, bracelet or choker necklace. You can layer colors, add glitter and beads or just cut the felt and go. This is a super quick project once your felt is cut. You could have a new bracelet or headband, easily, in under 15 minutes. If you want to add layers of glitter or more felt and embellish with extra beads, the project will take longer.
Cut out a whole pile of these felt flower chains and you can create a fun group activity too!
Today's project is part of the Felt Project Craft Lightning series.
Why use felt to make floral fashion accessories
Layer felt to make all kinds of pretty floral accessories. I love felt accessories because it's inexpensive but felt can have a neat suede kind of look when you cut it.
Make your own felt flower bracelet
You can make all kinds of floral accessories with cut felt. Here's how to make the bracelet. To make a headband of choker necklace, follow the same instructions, just cut your twine longer for the new use.
- Felt cut Floral chain – I used my Circut Maker to cut these pieces
- Extra supplies for more embellished pieces: beads, glitter fabric paint, Mod Podge
- Use my pre-set floral bracelet Cricut Design Space canvas to cut your floral design from felt.
You can layer multiple pieces of felt for a thicker bracelet or using a single cut.
- Thread the twine through the various holes in the floral cut.
- Tie the twine to allow the bracelet to be removed or tightened. I used a slip not: Tie a slip knot using one side of the twine, around the other end of twine. Then tie a knot at the end of both twine pieces. To tighten the bracelet in place, just pull the loose twine piece.
- Tip: cut the floral design from scrap paper to make sure the sizing fits your wrist before you cut from the felt.
- Cut settings for your Cricut: I used the Felt setting on my Cricut Maker and then changed the blade to the rotatary blade.
Ideas for Embellishing your floral accessories
- Layer different colors of felt to create a pretty color effect and make a thicker/more sturdy bracelet/accessory.
- Apply a layer of glitter fabric paint using a paint brush to dress up your accessory.
- Apply Mod Podge to your floral accessories to help protect the felt… felt is not really washable, so take care if you leave the felt as is.
- Add crystals or gems or beads to decorate your floral accessories – I glued sparkly gems to these pretty white felt flower bracelets… I also added a touch of gold glitter. Wouldn't that be perfect for a wedding or bridal shower bracelet?
More fun, these floral accessories are reversible!
The best part… these accessories are reversible! If you layer two different colors of felt (or more), you can flip the piece inside out to display the second color. How fun is that?
Click here to get started
Make this project with your Cricut
Make more fun felt projects!
Today's project is part of Felt Week with Craft Lighting. All week, talented creatives are sharing their felt projects. Head over to see what other fun you can make with felt.
2 thoughts on “DIY 3-in-1 Felt Flower Accessories”
Squee! I love your flowers, and these accessories are just awesome!! <3
Such a great idea!