Do you remember making friendship bracelets as a kid? Today I'll show you how to make a DIY BFF Paper Bead Bracelet with cut files created for this fun Cricut Project. I spent hours making those pretty little embroidery string bracelets, safety pin bracelets and pony bead bracelets.
Recently I've started making paper beads with my kids and I think, if I knew how to make them as a kid, I would have made paper beads friendship bracelets all the time. You can change the look of the bracelet just by changing the paper color or the shape of your paper cut out. SO, I've created a paper bead cut file set that you can find through Cricut Design Space. Just pick your bead shapes and how many you want to cut and you're ready to go.
DIY BFF Paper Bead Bracelet
Make classic paper beads from any paper or paper pattern you’d like. Then, create an adorable BFF bracelet with your own custom letter beads. This makes a great party activity or handmade gift your kids can make together.
- Cricut Explore® machine
- Cricut Design Space™ software
- Paper Beads and Shapes Cut Designs by Jen Goode
- 12″ x 12″ Standard Grip Cricut® mat
- Glue or Mod Podge
- Follow onscreen instructions to print then cut each paper bead design. You can choose a print pattern instead of a solid color for your beads, or choose to cut without printing at all.
- Make rolled beads by wrapping paper bead shape around a small straw and glue end in place.
- Create letter beads, layer 2 solid shapes, 1 letter shape and 2 frame borders in a stack, gluing each layer in place. Repeat to make “back” of letter bead. Please one letter bead stack under the twine, apply glue and add the second letter bead stack to create a sandwich with the twine in the middle. Repeat for every letter bead you’d like to include.
- String paper beads and apply letter beads as desired until you have created the bracelet length you’d like.
Tip: For easier stringing, wrap the end of the twine with tape and trim to create a “needle”.
I love making paper beads for all kinds of gifts and fun kid craft projects. This BFF paper bead bracelet would make a fun craft kit for the kids or a group project for scouts or a birthday party. You can also leave out the BFF and just make all kinds of paper beads using your Cricut to cut all the bead shapes… oh the crafting fun you can have! I'd love to hear what you create, leave me a little note below to tell me about it!