Make super cute treats for your next Halloween party. These Halloween Cheerios Ball Treats are the perfect party snack. Grab your favorite flavor of Cheerios and get ready to make this super simple recipe. These ball treats are a great replacement for popcorn balls (inspired by my daughter with braces). They're also a great sweet treat instead of a caramel apple. They are kind of like Rice cereal treat but with the yummy goodness of Cheerios! Big thanks to General Mills for sending us different flavors of Cheerios and inspiring our creative recipe testing!
Halloween Cheerios Ball Treats
The best thing about these yummy Cheerios ball treats is the flavor options. You can go with Pumpkin Spice for a fun fall flavor or Chocolate for something a little different. Add in a little mint to the marshmallow mixture and you'll have yourself Chocolate Mint treats! We opted for our favor Honey Nut – but any flavor will do.
- 4 cups Cheerios – any flavor
- 1/2 package Marshmallows (standard bag size)
- 3 TBS Butter
- Sprinkles – optional
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large stock pot.
- Remove from heat and mix in Cheerios.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly. You need to be able to handle the mixture without burning your hands… but before the marshmallows harden.
- Using plastic wrap, create balls from the mixture. Set aside to harden.
- If you'd like to add sprinkles: Place the sprinkles in a bowl and roll each ball in the sprinkles to cover.
- Optional: Add a fun Halloween face to a plastic bag and a Cheerios ball in the bag to create a fun not-so-spooky Halloween treat. You can use my Halloween face cut file to create a bunch of faces if you'd like.