Get out your Cricut and make DIY watermelon party favors in minutes. Today my friend, Jessica Roe, is sharing this fun DIY Cricut project. This is such a fun project for summer parties. You can customize it to create boxes of different sizes as well as pick your favorite papers and materials. Make cute watermelon boxes for favors, party decor or just because you love fun watermelon crafts… too cute, right!?
Hi everyone! It’s Jess from Everyday Party Magazine, and I’m so excited to be here today! I’m a Cricut enthusiast, and I love using Jen’s cut designs for party decor, favors, and more!
DIY Watermelon Party Favors
To make these darling watermelon party favors, you will need:
- Cricut Maker cutting machine
- Cricut Design Space account
- Watermelon cut design by Jen Goode (#M133215A)
- Cricut Knife Blade
- Cricut Design Space Access
- Cricut Chipboard
- Green Cricut Felt
- Pink Card Stock
- Black Vinyl
- Xyron Creative Station
- Hot Glue Gun
- Fillers – I filled mine with an 8oz bottle of Coca-Cola, red and green candies, and a bottle of bubbles.
We've set up a Cricut Design Space canvas to help you get started with this cute summer craft. Click here to open up the watermelon project in Cricut Design Space.
- Cut the pink cardstock to 8×10”, and run it through the Xyron creative station with adhesive backing to create a sticker. Place the pink cardstock on the middle of the Chipboard and prepare to cut with your Cricut machine.
- Place the chipboard with layered cardstock on a strong grip Cricut mat. Tape around the edges with masking tape.
- Open Cricut Design Space and create a new project. Add the watermelon design using Jen Goodes watermelon cut file.
- Resize the project design to cut at 8×10″.
- Hide any unnecessary layers, you just want to cut the big half circle (pink), outer watermelon border (green felt) and seeds (black vinyl).
- I cut the pink cardstock/chipboard layer first and set the Cricut machine to cut one extra time because of the additional paper layer.
- Cut the felt, and vinyl.
- Carefully add a line of hot glue to the round edge of the semi-circle watermelon slice and apply the felt rectangle. Repeat for the second watermelon slice on the opposite side of the felt. Hot glue the felt watermelon rind to the edge of the slice, matching it up to the bottom piece of felt.
- Add the vinyl watermelon seeds to your party favor.
- Fill the watermelon box with goodies fit for a cookout, and wow your guests with the cutest darn party favors ever!
There are so many cute craft ideas you can create with this watermelon party favor project. It would be perfect to add to Jessica's Summer Pool Party ideas. Have fun creating with your Cricut!