Make your own easy DIY T-shirt headband with iron-on vinyl. This I s a simple Cricut project you can make in just a few steps. Create a personalized design and customize with your favorite colors to create a cute accessory. Upcycle an old t-shirt and create a headband for you and one for a friend.
This week only, enter to win a fantastic bundle of iron-on vinyl and an EasyPress. See the end of this article for details on how to enter.
Easy DIY T-shirt Headband with Iron-on Vinyl
Grab your favorite iron-on vinyl and the free Wild at Heart cut file I’ve designed and make this cute fabric headband. I used foil iron-on vinyl, but you can use whichever iron-on or HTV you’d like. You can also modify the cut file in Cricut Design Space to create a design that is uniquely you.
- Cricut machine
- Foil Iron-on vinyl
- EasyPress (or iron)
- Wild at Heart SVG cut file (download below)
- Cut a 3 to 4-inch wide band from the sleeve of yours-shirt. We tie-dyed our fabric, but you can color yours however you’d like.
- Upload the cut file to Cricut Design Space. Size the design to fit your headband and adjust the design how you’d like.
- Follow onscreen instructions to cut the design shapes.
- Iron the designs to the fabric and allow to cool.
Tip: For a really flexible Headband, use the Cricut Sporflex iron-on. I like the foil iron-on because it adds a really pretty shine to the design. Mix the shine with a soft cotton fabric and you’ll get a nice texture combination.
Download this free SVG cut file
Make your own cute “Wild at Heart” iron-on projects (or any projects with your Cricut).
More Easy Cricut ideas with Iron-on Vinyl
- Here’s another t-shirt headband style you can make with an added “twist”.
- 10 Reasons You’ll Love the Cricut EasyPress
- Create with Cricut – Cricut Projects, Tips and Reviews
More projects to make with Iron-On vinyl
I’ve partnered with some amazing creative friends to share fun iron-on projects all week. Take a look at these fantastic ideas!
This fun collection of iron-on vinyl projects is co-hosted by:
Creating Cricut projects with Iron-on Vinyl
I hope you’ve found some fun Cricut project ideas to make using iron-on vinyl. From punny t-shirts to outdoor decor, iron-on vinyl is so versatile and comes in a variety of colors and patterns. You can create all kinds of fabulous projects… you’re only limited by how much vinyl you have on hand! Shopping tip: I’ve found different colors of iron-on at Michaels on clearance from time to time. So next time you’re out shopping, stop by and see what specials they might have.
I can’t wait to see what fun things you create!