Did you know you can use iron-on vinyl to decorate a hand towel in just minutes? Design and cut cute vinyl art designs with your Cricut and add a personal touch to your decor. This Cricut project is perfect for making gifts too. Create a set of cute hand towels with pretty patterned vinyl, your friends and family will love them!
Use Iron-on Vinyl to Decorate a Hand Towel
You can choose the colors and patterns of the iron-on vinyl you use for this project. Instead of basic pink and green, I chose some cute patterned vinyl available through the Cricut online shop. You can mix and match pattern and solid colors as well as the different materials like flock or iron-on foil. Have fun creating your own unique look.
I've already set up a Cricut Design Space canvas to help you get a quick start. Don't forget to hide the towel shape in the layout, its just there as a guide.
- Follow on-screen instructions to cut the various watermelon shapes.
- Iron each layer separately, allowing the previous layer to cool a minute before applying the next layer.
The canvas I set up includes a few other fruit shapes you can use as well. Mix and match your vinyl colors and patterns as well as the fabrics you use.
Fun uses for DIY hand towels
- Make custom hand towels as hostess gifts.
- Create personalized hand towels for different occasions to add a little functional decor.
- Give a tea towel with a mason jar recipe gift.
- Add a custom hand towel to a gift basket.
- Welcome new neighbors with a cute welcome box full of goodies and a personalized hand towel.
More Iron-on project ideas and information
More Iron-On vinyl project ideas
I've partnered with some amazing creative friends to share fun iron-on projects all week. Take a look at these fantastic ideas!
This fun collection of iron-on vinyl projects is co-hosted by:
I can't wait to see what fun projects you create! Tell me about your favorite iron-on project ideas, what do you like to make?