When you love to make gifts but don't have time, a DIY mini felt stocking gift card holder is perfect. This mini felt stocking gift card holder is quick to make and easy to customize. It's a Cricut Christmas project, so you know it's quick to create! Let your Cricut do all the cutting with you go all the creative things.
The past few days I've shared a variety of Cricut Christmas. I've teamed up with some of my favorite creative friends to share quick and easy Christmas craft ideas you can make with your Cricut machine. Every day come by and see a new Christmas project. PLUS, each project only takes about 15 minutes to make! Yesterday I shared a cute Christmas cupcake topper, perfect for adding holiday accents to your Christmas buffet. Check below for a full list of fun projects you can create.
DIY Mini Felt Stocking Gift Card Holder
Change up the colors easily with these mini stockings. Pick your favorite felt and iron-on vinyl and you're ready to make cute gift card holders. You can also personalize this project, simply add a name or a saying using iron-on vinyl. You can set up all kinds of embellishments and text cuts with your Cricut machine and Cricut Design Space. Then all you need to to is iron and gift your cute creation!
- Cricut machine and Cricut Design Space
- Stocking project canvas by Jen Goode
- Red felt (I used Cricut's crafting felt)
- Green foil iron-on vinyl
- Iron or EasyPress
- Cotton balls
- Optional: Additional embellishments like glitter or ribbon
Note about glue: I used hot glue to assemble my stocking and liquid craft glue to adhere the cotton balls. You can use whatever glue you prefer.
- Go to the Stocking gift card holder project canvas in Cricut Design Space. Follow onscreen instructions to cut all the pieces and materials you need.
- Apply iron-on embellishments to each side of your stocking. If you're really in a rush, only decorate the front of the stocking.
- Glue the hanging loop to the inside, back panel of the stocking.
- Assemble your stocking, adhering the two sides together with glue or stitching. Make sure you leave room for the gift card to fit into the stocking through the top.
- Adhere the cotton balls to the top of the front of the stocking to create the stocking “fluff”. I find it helps to stretch the cotton balls before gluing to create that fluffy look.
Take a look at the projects the rest of the group are making. Take a look at all these fun Christmas crafts! I am co-hosting this series this week along with The Country Chic Cottage, 30 Minute Crafts and Mad in Crafts.