Do you make your own Christmas ornaments? These DIY gingerbread people ornaments are a quick and easy Christmas Cricut project. You can make your own cute gingerbread man or gingerbread woman ornament just using felt and iron-on vinyl. Or, use cardstock and mix and match the paper colors however you'd like.
Today I've joined with some of my creative friends to share all kinds of quick Christmas crafts you can make with your Cricut machine. Every day this week we are sharing our favorite quick craft – oh the Christmas project inspiration, I can't wait!
DIY Gingerbread Man Ornaments
These adorable gingerbread people are easy to make. You only need 2 materials and your Cricut machine. I used Cricut felt, and then ironed iron accents. However, if you like to sew, this could easily be a sewn felt ornament too. If you want to skip the details and head straight to the project, go to the Gingerbread Man project in Cricut Design Space
- Cricut Machine and Cricut Design Space
- Brown Felt
- White iron-on vinyl
- Twine (red and white striped)
- Iron or EasyPress
- Go to the Gingerbread Man project canvas in Cricut Design Space and follow the on-screen instructions to cut the various materials. Don't forget to mirror the image for the vinyl.
- Weed the excess vinyl so you are left with only the gingerbread man accents.
- Iron the vinyl in place, following material guidelines for temperature and time.
- Cut a piece of twine and tie a knot to create a loop. Glue the twine to the back of the gingerbread man to create a hanging loop for your ornament.
- That's it! you can use different colors of vinyl, glitter or other materials to decorate your gingerbread many even more.
Alternate project idea: for even more options, you can cut the gingerbread man accents out of more felt and glue the pieces together. This would make a really fun kids craft for a classroom party or group event. Include some glitter glue so the kids can add a little extra sparkle to their gingerbread people.
Get started, make this Christmas Cricut project: Gingerbread Man project in Cricut Design Space
These cute little gingerbread people can also be used to make a whole variety of Christmas projects. From gift tags to holiday party decor, they are easy to make and fun to gift. What will you make with them?
More Christmas Projects to Make with Your Cricut
Now let's look at the projects the rest of the group are making. Take a look at all these fun Christmas crafts! I am co-hosting this series this week along with The Country Chic Cottage, 30 Minute Crafts and Mad in Crafts.
1 thought on “DIY Gingerbread People Ornaments”
These are darling! I have to get some of that Cricut felt!