Make a pretty Christmas candle holder in just a few minutes. Today's tutorial is a holiday decor craft that you can make and give as a gift or use to accent your Christmas decor. This Cricut Christmas project can be customized with your own favorite holiday colors. We're combing adhesive foil vinyl, glitter paint and a gold hexagon cut glitter to create a pretty, sparkly Christmas accent. All that glitters!
Today I've teamed up with some of my creative friends to share all kinds of quick Cricut Christmas crafts. Every day this week we are sharing our favorite quick craft. Yesterday I shared cute DIY Gingerbread Man (and Woman) ornaments. All made with my Cricut machine. Check below for a full list of fun projects you can create.
DIY Quick and Pretty Christmas Candle Holder
You can change up any of the supplies I've used in this project to personalize the look of your own Christmas candle holder. Use a recycled jar or pick up some brand new ball jars, your choice. We're using the Cricut machine and my Joy SVG cut design, available in design space to create this holiday look. If you don't want to wait for the glitter paint to dry, you can skip it all together.
- Cricut machine and Cricut Design Space
- Glass Jar
- Adhesive gold foil vinyl
- Vinyl transfer tape (optional)
- Glitter paint
- Gold paint
- Hexagon glitter
- Battery operated votive candle
- Filler for your jar (I used sand)
- Prep the jar by making sure it is clean and dry.
- Remove the jar lid. Apply glitter paint on the outside of the jar and set to dry thoroughly while you work on the other project steps.
- Go to the joy word art project canvas in Cricut Design Space. Follow onscreen instructions to cut the joy word art from adhesive foil vinyl. Weed the excess vinyl from the backing and set aside.
- Apply gold paint to the lid ring. While paint is still wet, sprinkle gold glitter over paint and set aside to dry.
- Apply joy word art to the side of the jar. Use transfer tape if you'd like.
- Fill the jar with whatever filler you've chosen, about 1/2 to 2/3 full. Place the candle inside the jar.
- Place jar lid ring on the jar.
You would make a whole set of pretty Christmas candle holders. Make them all the same and use to accent your holiday table and other decor. Or make different jar candle holders to add some fun variation to your decor. You can also make a bunch of these jars and use for your holiday jar gifts. Whatever you choose, have fun creating Christmas crafts with your Cricut! There are so many fun things you can make for Christmas with your Cricut, check out even more Cricut Christmas Project Ideas here.
Quick Christmas Crafts to Make with your Cricut
Take a look at the projects the rest of the group are making. Take a look at all these fun Christmas crafts! I am co-hosting this series this week along with The Country Chic Cottage, 30 Minute Crafts and Mad in Crafts.
1 thought on “DIY Quick and Pretty Christmas Candle Holder”
Love the sparkle!