This article has been sponsored by Cost Plus World Market. All opinions are my own.
I've been talking about making a family gallery for years. The traditional wall gallery is the perfect place to display all that pretty art the kids make, but like everything else I do, I wanted to include all the things. There just isn't enough wall space for a gallery that big! So instead I've created a gallery that includes shelves and frames that allow us to change out the art as the family creates more.
Keep reading to find out how the Cost Plus World Market Spruce Up Your Space Sweepstakes!
Create Your Own Wall Gallery
For our wall gallery, I wanted to feature art created by my family. Everyone in the family has their own unique art style. I wanted to showcase all this art in one place. Alternatively, you can create a beautiful wall gallery featuring photos or art you find. World Market definitely has a fantastic selection of art to add to your home! I have my eye on a few more piece for other rooms… one room at a time, that's the goal today!
I've included all kinds of wall gallery components available at World Market. Because, well, I love WM! Not to mention all the handmade art pieces from around the world inspire our creative brains. World Market is always updating their decor collections. They do a great job of staying on top of the current home decor trends while keeping their handmade art appeal. There are so many gorgeous frames, shelves and art accessories, I had a hard time deciding which ones I wanted to use in my own Wall Gallery project.
Tips for creating your own wall gallery:
- Choose 2-4 colors and textures for your components. I've selected black, natural wood, nickel and copper. The copper is a really subtle extra tone I've add for a tiny bit of color pop. I've also chosen family art that includes either black and white or a shade of bold pink. These color limits help tie the whole display together.
- Choose frames and shelves with different depths and sizes. Alternate your various size to create a visual flow with the gallery space.
- Lay out the display as you envision it on the floor. Then create paper templates of each frame and place the paper on the wall to confirm that you like the layout.
- Hang the largest pieces first. This way if you need to make any minor chances, you can move the smaller pieces as needed.
- Include a little bit of nature. Whether you are using real plants or fake plants, adding in natural texture will help create a warm and inviting finishing touch to your wall gallery. Include textures like wood or stone for additional interest.
Check out these Wall Gallery Tips from Elizabeth Mayhew
Create Your Own Wall Gallery with these beautiful products.
Shop this post:
ENTER TO WIN!
Before you head to the store to gather all your wall gallery goodies, enter the Cost Plus World Market Spruce Up Your Space Sweepstakes. Click here for details.
You could win a $5,000 World Market Shopping Spree and design consultation from celebrity designer Nicole Curtis! Sweepstakes end 9/30/16.