Grab your cutting machine and get ready to make super quick and easy Bat and Raven Halloween Cupcake Toppers. When you are hosting a Halloween party, little accents like cupcake picks are a great way to spruce up the decor without a ton of money or time. You can make fancy cut designs in no time with your Cricut machine. These bat and raven cut outs are a great Halloween craft that fits all kinds of party themes.
Bat and Raven Halloween Cupcake Toppers
I've created my cupcake toppers with standard black cardstock. However, for a cute kid party, you could cut just the bat design and use different Halloween colored cardstock, thank orange, green, purple and maybe black.
- Cricut cutting machine and Cricut Design Space
- Bat and Raven cut files designed by Jen Goode
- Cardstock (I used black – a black glitter would be elegant and spooky too.)
- Glue or tape
- Follow the onscreen instructions to cut out the bat and raven designs. I've set up a Cricut Canvas you can use. You must buy the designs to be able to cut them.
- Apply a small bit of glue to the end of a toothpick, press the toothpick to the back of the cut out shape. Alternatively, you can use two cut out shapes, glued together, and place the toothpick in between them.
Tip: Tape works well too when you are in a hurry and don't have time to wait for glue to dry.
The raven and bat cut out shapes both have fancy cut lines included in the designs. I used the base silhouette of each design, but you could get really fancy and use the detailed cut for your decor instead.
More Quick Halloween Craft Ideas
Today is day 2 of the Quick Halloween Crafts series I am cohosting with The Country Chic Cottage and 30 Minute Crafts. We're sharing all kinds of fun (and maybe spooky) projects you can make in under 15 minutes. Check out today’s features:
15 Minute Burlap Pumpkin Wreath from Tried and True
Hocus Pocus Clipboard from Crafting in the Rain
Wood Scrap Halloween Decor from A Turtles Life for Me
Faux Mercury Glass Pumpkins from Practically Functional
Tissue Paper Ghosts from A Girl and a Glue Gun
Ghost Under Glass Decor from Yesterday on Tuesday
New Sew Bat Baby Hat from 30 Minute Crafts
10 Minute Monster Wreath from The Country Chic Cottage
I hope you found some fun inspiration from today's featured Quick Halloween Craft Ideas. Check back tomorrow for even MORE Halloween projects to make. You can also take a look at the Quick Halloween nail art I shared and all the great DIY Halloween featured yesterday.