Make these handmade watercolor notecards in under 15 minutes. Handmade gifts don’t need to me complex nor take a long time to make. It takes more time to gather the materials and wet the paint colors for this project than it does to create the cards.
Pick whatever colors you’d like. Create pretty blends of orange and pink or maybe blues and purples, it’ up to you. When the paint dries, you can eve add your own little art doodle to personal the cards more.
Quick Handmade Watercolor Notecards
I like to use a texture cardstock when I use watercolor paints. A nice watercolor paper would be great, but sometimes these papers can be expensive and not as easy to write on a for things like notecards. Choose a paper that you like the feel. Then grab your paints and add a splash of color!
- White cardstock
- Watercolor paints and brush
- Add water to all your paints so they are ready.
- Cut the cardstock into 4 equal rectangles, 4.25″ x 5.5″. These are the note cards.
- Cut a smaller rectangle from cardstock, about 1-1.5″ smaller (about 3″ x 4.25″). This will be your painting template.
- Place one of the notecards on top of a full sheet of cardstock. Place the smaller card on top, in the center of the notecard.
- Wet your paintbrush, pick up some color from the paint palette an apply to the edge edge of the notecard, holding the template card in place. I like to brush the paint on in the direction of the paper edge.
- Continue to add color, picking up different paint colors, until you are happy with the color blends on he car.
- Allow to dry.
- Add extra doodles with an ink pen if you’ like.
You might also like: Make your own watercolor painted paper
You can make a set of 4 or maybe 8 of these cards, add in som pretty envelopes and tie he stack with a ribbon. These quick handmade watercolor notecards are easy to make a bunch at one time. And they make great gifts.
Don’t want to make your own watercolor cards?
Grab this free printable set of these exact cards I’ve made. You get 2 pages with 2 cards on each page. Print however many you’d like, add your own extra embellishments and send a note to someone special!