Make your own art inspired cards in no time with this Easy Watercolor Heart Cards. You don't have to know how to paint with watercolors and you can make this project in about 15 minutes!
Watercolor Heart Cards
This is a kid friendly project, so gather the family and get all artsy together. These cute watercolor valentines also make great handmade classroom Valentines your kids can make themselves and then give to their friends and classmates.
- Coffee filters
- Water-based markers (washable are best)
- Blank cards
- Color the coffee filters with the markers. Make sure to color on a covered/protected surface, as the markers may bleed through.
- Once you've finished coloring the coffee filter, gently wet the coffee filter – making sure not to over wet. The water will make the color bleed. Shake off any excess water. The color will drip so be prepared with a paper plate or something else to set the coffee filter on to dry.
- Fold the dry coffee filter in half, then in half again, repeat 2 more times until you end up with the pie shape shown below.
- Cut out half a heart along the paper fold.
Recommended Reading: Step-by-step Watercolor Coffee Filter Tutorial
Use the cut out heart to make your own handmade card or other Valentine's Day crafts.
More DIY Watercolor Papers
This week I've teamed up with Angie from The Country Chic Cottage and Carolina from 30 Minute Crafts to share all kinds of fun, quick and easy Valentines projects you can make yourself. All this week I will be sharing how to instructions for ideas that I've designed. I'll also be featuring even more projects designed by a whole crew of bloggers. Let's spread a little love, shall we?
More Easy Valentines Crafts
Check out all these fun project ideas:
- Pretty Love Letters from Hey, Let's Make Stuff
- Cute bug Valentine Craft from Busy Mom's Helper
- Heart Stamped Tea Towels from Happy Go Lucky
- Valentine's Sailor Knot Bracelet from Tried and True
- Tissue Paper Vases from My Very Educated Mother
- Cute Heart Bookmarks from Laura's Crafty Life
Follow along all week with this Valentine's Day Craft Lightning Event!
Check back every day this week for more Easy Valentines Crafts. I can't wait to show you all the fun projects we've created! And as always, please stop back by and tell me about the creative ideas YOU make! You can stop by the 100 Directions Facebook page or tag me #jengoodeart to share your own fun creations.