Make your own art-inspired cards in no time with these Easy Watercolor Heart Cards. You don’t have to know how to paint with watercolors and you can make this project in about 15 minutes!
Watercolor Heart Cards
This is a kid-friendly project, so gather the family and get all artsy together. These cute watercolor valentines also make great handmade classroom Valentines your kids can make themselves and then give to their friends and classmates.
- Coffee filters
- Water-based markers (washable are best)
- Blank cards
Shortcut! Look below for a download to get a printable version of my own watercolor hearts.
- Color the coffee filters with the markers. Make sure to color on a covered/protected surface, as the markers may bleed through.
- Once you’ve finished coloring the coffee filter, gently wet the coffee filter – making sure not to overwet. The water will make the color bleed. Shake off any excess water. The color will drip so be prepared with a paper plate or something else to set the coffee filter on to dry.
- Fold the dry coffee filter in half, then in half again, repeat 2 more times until you end up with the pie shape shown below.
- Cut out half a heart along the paper fold.
Recommended Reading: Step-by-step Watercolor Coffee Filter Tutorial
If you don’t want to paint your own watercolor design, I’ve created a printable version of my hearts you can use to download, print and craft.
How to use DIY watercolor hearts
Use the cut-out heart to make your handmade crafts. Here are some ideas for ways you can add these pretty little hearts to your Valentine’s Day festivities.
- Make a pretty garland to decorate.
- Attach hearts to a card for a cute handmade Valentine’s card.
- Decorate place cards.
- Use these hearts as bit confetti or table scatter.
- Decopague the hearts to a candle holder.
- Create a pretty bookmark with watercolor hearts.
I teamed up with Angie from The Country Chic Cottage and Carolina from 30 Minute Crafts to share all kinds of fun, quick and easy Valentine’s projects you can make yourself. We shared how-to instructions for a variety of projects YOU can make for Valentine’s Day. Pick your favorites and enjoy all the craft fun.
More Easy Valentines Crafts
Check out all these fun project ideas: