Make your own Masquerade Mask in just a few simple steps. This is a beautiful mask you can cut with your Cricut machine and then decorate with your own personal flare. The mask comes with 3 separate layers that you can mix and match to create a look that is all you and then make one for a friend that is unique for them too. The perfect accessory for a couples costume or a group event! PLUS, I designed this masquerade mask to work well not only for a costume party for Halloween, but change up the colors and it would make a fabulous addition to your Mardi Gras outfit. You'll find this project available in the Cricut Design Space making it super easy to click and go!
Make a Masquerade Mask
For this example I used black, gold and silver cardstock to make my masquerade mask. This year I have been really into the classic neutrals and metallics, so this color combination seemed like the best choice. I also used this design for a photo booth at my son's graduation party and his school colors are black and gold – so it was a perfect fit. Switch out the colors to match your outfit or event and you're good to go with the perfect accessory.
Materials you need:
- Cricut Machine
- Masquerade Mask design by Jen Goode
- Cardstock in colors of your choice
- Wooden dowel or other stick
- You can also create this mask with a tie or elastic instead of the stick. Adjust it however you'd like.
Masquerade Mask Instructions:
- Head over to the Cricut Design Space Make-it-Now Masquerade Mask project and follow the onscreen instructions for cutting and assembly. The jist of it: cut, assemble, wear.
- Add your own embellishments however you'd like and VOILA! You're finished.
You can layer the pieces of the mask however you'd like. They mix and match so you can change them up to create your own unique look. You can leave the ribbons off or add bit glitter confetti. Paint in your own details or even use your favorite patterned paper.
Change up the colors you use for different occasions. Here's the same mask in Mardi Gras colors…
Whatever you want to do, have fun with it. Make this masquerade mask that you're proud of! I'd love to hear about it if you create this project, stop back by and tell me all about it!