The Pinecone Turkey Craft is an all-time favorite turkey craft for kids. This Thanksgiving craft is especially fun to make if you have cinnamon-scented pinecones! I made this project when I was in school and again with my own kids. So, now I’m showing you so you can share with your kids too.
You can use any kind of pinecone to make these turkeys. They’re super easy craft to make and fun for all ages. Thanksgiving pinecone turkeys also make great table decorations for your Thanksgiving feast.
Pinecone Turkey Craft
These pinecone turkeys are perfect for any age. Make your own paper cutouts, print and color the free coloring page below or use your Cricut machine – I have a pinecone turkey template cutting file for you too! The printable and cut files include two different styles of feathers. Use them both or pick your favorite.
Materials you need:
- Printable turkey craft template (below)
- Paper or cardstock
- Scissors, crayons and other materials to decorate your feathers
If you have a Cricut Machine, I have art and instructions to share with you too. See below.
Below you’ll find two different ways to make these pinecone turkeys. Use standard craft supplies and the printable template. Or, use your electronic cutting machine. See options below.
Make this pinecone turkey with your Cricut
If you don’t have a Cricut Machine, there’s non-Cricut instructions below.
Additional Materials: Cricut machine, Cricut Design Space and the pinecone turkey project I’ve designed. go straight to Design Space to make this Pinecone Turkey craft, I have the canvas set up and waiting for you!
Or setup the project canvas on your own, here’s how:
- Insert the turkey image (#M8D1E4D) onto your Design Space canvas.
- Choose which feather you’d like to use (or use both).
- I used this cutting file to make a Print-then-Cut image. You can cut standard paper instead if you’d like.
- To make the print-then-cut image, choose a color for the feather, hide the drawing/writing line, flatten the feather detail shape and feather piece together to create a printed shape. Repeat for all the different feather colors you’d like to use.
- I made 5 larger feathers and 4 smaller feathers for this project. Follow the steps below to assemble the turkey.
Head over to the Cricut Design Space and make this pinecone turkey project.
Make a pinecone turkey with a printable coloring page
Grab the printable template below
- Lay the pinecone on it’s side and roll the pinecone a bit on the table to help decide which side is the most stable for it to rest on.
- Cut out the turkey pieces: head and feathers. If you’re using the printable, color your feathers before you cut them out, it makes coloring a little easier.
- Add a bit of glue to the base of the turkey neck. Place turkey head in between the pinecone scales.
- Add a little bit of glue to the end of a feather and place the feather in the pinecone. Repeat until you haved attached all the feathers. Allow to dry.
Download the printable coloring page to make your own pinecone turkey. Note, this printable is NOT colored… you get to color it yourself!
I have another version of this pinecone turkey craft at ProjectsforPreschoolers – free template too, perfect for tiny hands.
I hope you have fun making your own pinecone turkey craft. I’d love to see what you create, leave a note or stop by the 100 Directions Facebook page to share your project photos!
More Thanksgiving Turkey Craft Ideas
- Easy Handprint Turkey Craft
- Roll a Turkey Craft
- Washi Tape Turkey
- Mason Jar Turkey
- Handprint Turkey Treat Bag
- Turkey Wreath
- Thankful Turkey Craft