Add a little Patriotic flare to your treat table this summer. These mini patriotic pinwheels make the perfect cupcake toppers. They are fun to make and can be created in a variety of sizes for all kinds of decoration ideas. I have a free SVG file for you to use to make your own Cricut project and create these cupcake accents and some colorful, patriotic backgrounds you can print and use too!
Check out below for a fun Cricut giveaway I'm co-hosting too.
Patriotic Pinwheel Cupcake Toppers
Make just a few, or make a whole bunch of patriotic pinwheels and decorate all the cupcakes. Let your Cricut machine do all the work and cut out a bunch. This is an easy way to dress up your summer holiday table. I combined iron-on foil with printed pattern paper to create my pinwheels. However, you can use any paper combination you'd like.
- Cricut Machine and Cricut Design Space
- Free SVG Patriotic Pinwheel file (see below)
- Printable patriotic background patterns
- Iron-on foil – red or blue
- Party Foil – gold
- Glue (I prefer hot glue)
- Download the printables and SVG file.
- Print the patriotic pattern of your choice on a single side of paper.
- Using the iron-on foil, apply foil to the back of the printed paper so one side is a pattern and the other is pretty foil.
- Set up your SVG file to the size you'd like and follow on-screen instructions to cut out the pinwheels. Cut stars out of gold party foil or whatever other material you choose.
- Fold and glue pinwheels together. Then, glue each pinwheel to the top of a toothpick.
You can increase the size of these pinwheels to use as a cake topper. Or get really creative and make all kinds of July 4th decor! Mix and match your materials and colors to create pinwheels with all different looks.
More Patriotic Projects you can make with your Cricut
I've teamed up with some of my creative friends to share even more free patriotic SVG files. Check out all these fun project ideas.
Let Freedom Ring – Kingston Crafts
Land of the Free – That's What Che Said
Let's Get Lit – Artsy-Fartsy Mama
Little Firecracker – Hey, Let's Make Stuff
With Liberty and Justice for All – Pattern Revolution
Red White and Boom – seeLINDSAY
Freedom Rocks – Happiness is Homemade
ROCK the USA – Crafting in the Rain
True North Strong & Free – BrooklynBerryDesigns
Oh My Stars – Pineapple Paper Co.
Patriotic Pinwheel – 100 Directions
American and Canadian Flag Heart – Hello Creative Family
Sweet Land of Liberty – Everyday Party Magazine
Mermaid in the USA – Happy Go Lucky
Canadian as Puck – The Simply Crafted Life
Fireworks and Freedom – The Country Chic Cottage
Check out these details for a chance to win this fabulous Cricut bundle!