Make your own Patriotic Kitchen Towels in under 15 minutes with this easy to follow tutorial. This is a Cricut project you can customize for all kinds of patriotic decor and accents. Make kitchen towels to accent a table for a party. Or DIY red, white and blue kitchen towels to give as gifts.
Easy DIY Patriotic Kitchen Towels
I’ve set up a Cricut Design Space canvas so you can get started on this patriotic project in minutes! I used stars from one of my DS cut files. However, you can use any stars you like. Or even download one of my free SVG files to create even more kitchen towels with a fun American pride theme.
- Cricut machine and Cricut Design Space account
- Start and USA designs by Jen Goode
- Foil iron-on (blue)
- Kitchen towels of your choice
- EasyPress 2 mini heat press
- Iron-ing pad or towel
- Head to the Patriotic Kitchen Towels Cricut Design Space canvas I’ve set up for you.
- Make sure your towels are the same size as the mock samples I’ve set up in the file. Adjust as necessary.
- Follow on-screen instructions to cut out the designs. Make sure to reverse/mirror the images so they cut from the vinyl properly.
- Using the EasyPress 2, iron the designs on the towel near the bottom.
Tips: heat the towel with the EasyPress 2 before placing the iron-on design. I had to heat set both the front and back of the towel (only the side with the iron-on), to ensure the vinyl would stick.