For a couple years now we've been going to the Monster Jam truck show here in Denver. I missed going earlier this year because the guys in the neighborhood wanted a boys only day – darnit. But this weekend, the Goodes are heading for the rumble at the Pepsi Center. It's nearly a Valentine's weekend tradition for us and we love it! I say “we” loosely… my oldest doesn't like the loud – so we'll bring him and his ipod and his mega headphones and he can sit and watch and pretend he's not interested, really I think he likes it but doesn't want to admit it in front of his non-truck loving friends.
Now ya gotta realize this is not a girly event by any means. It's loud, full of dirt and the whole focus is big trucks smashing and rumbling and crashing and roaring through the event center. It's all boy, even with the pink truck. But it's so cool to see.
Here's 5 Reasons I love Monster Jam:
- Family day is fight-less: My boys won't argue about joining in on the family day. There's no sales pitch on my part and I don't even have to give the “be nice and pretend you want to be here” speech.
- Girl Power Included: There's sometimes a cool chic truck that's decked out in pink, all sassy and stuff AND she even wins some of the races. So my daughter thinks its fun and nearly princess-worthy too. Last time I saw her at the show, she did a battle against her husband and won – woowee! You can assume he let her win if you must… smart man, I say.
- Awesome workout without the sweat: Just watching these guys everyone gets excited. Hearts start pumping. You find yourself betting against each other over which truck is going to win whatever battle. Yet you get to spend all this energy in a cozy little seat.
- No weapons, No blood and No TV: Anymore, it seems there needs to be a video game, some kind of blood battling or shooting from across the room to entertain the kids. I'm not cool with any of it. So seeing the kids get excited over big trucks rumbling in dirt, climbing piles of cars and making a bunch of noise, is a mom's dream come true.
- Toys to go: Hot Wheels is connected with the show too. I'm not sure if they are partnered or sponsored or just license the different truck “brands”. But you can find most of the Monster Jam trucks available as Hot Wheels toys so your little boys can pretend they are playing like the big boys, and the event continues at home well after the real show is over.
Advanced Auto Parts Monster Jam is in Denver February 11th and 12th with 3 shows. To get the best seats right now, check out the Sunday, 6:30pm show. Purchase tickets through TicketHorse.com or call 1.866.461.6556.
The event will feature USHRA Monster Trucks including the 30th Anniversary Grave Digger®, World Champions Monster Mutt® and Batman, and for the first time ever in Denver Iron Man, Spider-Man and Monster Energy! Additional show elements will include Quad Wars and the car eating, fire-breathing robot – Megasuaras!
Extra info about the Denver Monster Jam:
PIT PARTY – Sun., Feb. 12 – 10:30 AM-12:00 PM
The Party in the Pits takes place before the Sunday 1:00 p.m. show only, from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Fans get the exclusive opportunity to chat one-on-one with their favorite drivers, get autographs, and get up close to the massive trucks!. Pit Passes are $10 at the Box Office (must be accompanied with a 1pm event ticket for that day’s show to be admitted). There is only one Party in the Pits this year so get your Pit Passes early!!!
Fun Monster Jam Truck Facts:
Approximately 12 feet tall and about 12 feet wide, monster trucks are custom-designed machines that sit atop 66-inch-tall tires and weigh a minimum of 10,000 pounds. Built for short, high-powered bursts of speed, monster trucks generate 1,500 to 2,000 horsepower and are capable of speeds of up to 100 miles per hour. Monster trucks can fly up to 125 to 130 feet (a distance greater than 14 cars side by side) and up to 35 feet in the air.
More shows Nationwide:
The Monster Jam tours the country, so if you aren't in Denver this weekend, but want to jump in on the fun, check out the event schedule to find the next show near you.You can also check out Monster Jam on Youtube and Facebook.
2 thoughts on “Monster Jam FTW! 5 reasons I love this event”
You forgot to mention the smell.. 🙂 My boys start counting the days as soon as Christmas is over… Also the anthem singer is AWESOME!
Oh right LOL, love that exhaust and oil and dirt aroma!… That anthem singer, I keep hearing, is a pretty cool guy.