Make your own mini Valentine’s Day treat bags and share some grins this year. This Cricut Valentine project is quick and easy and can be customized for all kinds of occasions. Just choose your colors and start crafting!
Make your own mini treat bags for Valentine’s Day
These adorable Valentine’s Day goodie bags can be filled with all kinds of sweets and surprises. You can use them to gift little valentine’s to friends or family. Or you can set up all the supplies for a fun group craft. Cut out individual letters and a include them for a class party craft the kids will love to create!
How to make mini treat bags for Valentine’s Day
You can make your own mini bags or use pre-made bags to decorate with these pretty tags. You can use Cricut Design Space and your Explore Air 2 or Cricut Maker for this project. I used my Explore Air 2. It handles scoring and cutting with ease!
- Cricut machine and Cricut Design Space
- Mini Valentine’s Day Treat Bags project canvas by Jen Goode
- Cricut Cardstock in a variety of Valentine’s Day colors
- Candies or other treats
If you are a Cricut Access member, you can get a discount on supplies AND the design images in this project are included in your membership.
- Head to the Mini Valentine’s Day Treat Bags project canvas in Cricut Design Space and follow the on-screen instructions to cut the various pieces.
- Once you have all your paper pieces, layer colors and sizes and glue together. Apply a mini heart in the center of each piece or apply a letter to form a word or phrase when the banner is complete.
- Display the banner by either clipping each heart to a backdrop, or string the hearts with twine and hang as desired.
Note: I set up this project with only a few letters. If you want to create a treat bag for a number of people, make sure to add all the letters you want AND increase the number of supplies you need cut.
- Learn more about the Explore Air 2
- Learn more about using Cricut pens to add pretty accents to your paper projects.
- Find more Valentine’s Day projects you can make with your Cricut.
Tips when making your Valentine’s Treat bags
- I used cardstock to make my mini gift bags. However, you can also use gift wrap for a lighter, patterned mini bag. Make sure you use a gift wrap paper that is fairly sturdy as some papers rip very easily.
- Use a glue stick, tape runner or liquid glue to create your treat bags and tags. I prefer not to wait for glue to dry, so a glue stick is perfect!
- Use glitter cardstock for extra sparkle.
More Valentine’s Day ideas you can make
You can create all kinds of projects with this simple layered tag idea. Here are a few more ways you can use this Valentine’s Day Cricut project.
- Create a banner and decorate for Valentine’s Day
- Make gift tags
- Make goodie bags and leave them at your neighbors door to surprise them with a fun treat.
- Mix and match all kinds of materials to create a variety of combinations
- Make a memory game. Simply combine the large red heart with the smaller white heart and then include some kind of image in the white heart. Make a duplicate of each card you create. Play the Memory game as usual.
- If you’d like to make larger bags, buy pre-made bags and make the tag cutouts larger. Then follow the instructions listed above.
This Valentine’s Day craft is perfect for getting the kids involved. You can quickly cut out all the pieces with your Cricut machine and then let the kids pick the pieces they’d like to use. They can personalize their bags with doodles, glitter, ribbon and other embellishments. Then, they can make their own tags. Have the kids write messages, add a monogram or draw a picture on their tags and then you can add a ribbon if you’d like.
This is a great way to encourage kids to get creative, get crafty and spread some smiles. Have fun and let me know what you are making!