Today I am sharing this lighted floral garland with a touch of Shabby Chic style, which I LOVE but don’t have the opportunity to design for very often. Because the “shabby” is all about up-cycled and vintage looking materials, I thought I’d use some old book pages and pretty white paper. You can use any color scheme to go with your decor however you’d like. Once you have your paper selected, just start cutting different flower shapes that are assembled into cups that fit perfectly on a single light from a string of lights. Make sure you create one single flower and test the sizing on your specific lights… adjust however you need.
Lighted Floral Garland
Materials you need
- Cricut Machine
- Floral Garland Make it Now project by Jen Goode
- Paper of your choice – I used bookpages and white paper
Tip: if you don’t have a Cricut Explore machine, you can make your own flower cups using a different flower design and attach to your lights. This particular flower pattern has been designed to specially use with light strings.
- Click over the the Floral Garland project in Cricut Design Space. (if you don’t have a Cricut Explore, make your own floral cuts).
- Assemble flowers and attach to individual lights on a string of lights. Change up different shapes of flowers and layer some flowers to create a pretty look with some variation.
- Hang your lights and enjoy!
What I really love about this project is how versatile it is. You can really use this kind of paper decor all year round… just change the colors of papers you are using for the different seasons. The shabby chic white goes with anything too! You can add accents of other colors or add other colored flowers to create a floral garland that looks beautiful no matter what other decor you are using. Create some leaves and add them in for an extra accent or simply layer colored paper and add some sparkle to your home decor! I hope you enjoy this project and would love to hear about it if you create it too!
This project was shared as part of my Monday Design Team share for My Cricut Craft Room.