I've been on the look out for some kind of word art or quote to display for St. Patrick's day. Instead of buying something new, I decided this was a great topic for something to make myself. So today I'm sharing a free printable Irish Blessing art print. It prints in black and while so you can color it and decorate it however you'd like. You can frame up this word art and display it whenever you'd like or shrink it down and send as a greeting card to someone special. I used this free printable for a decorative accent on my St. Patrick's day party table.
Irish Blessing Art Print Coloring Page
You can print out this word art as is. Or use your laser printer and foil machine to make all the words a shiny foil. I decided to watercolor my Irish Blessing page. If you'd like to add a watercolor wash, this is how I did it.
- White cardstock
- Watercolor paints
- Small bowl of water and paint brush – a large brush is best
- Printer and printable Irish Blessing
- Start with a blank piece of white cardstock.
- Wet the entire paper with a paint brush and water.
- Then apply watercolor paint, starting on the outside and working in so the color is darkest on the outer edges.
- Allow the paper to dry completely.
- Print the Irish Blessing design on top of the dried watercolored paper.
- Display however you'd like.
May you live as long as you want,
And never want as long as you live.
You can also add color to this Irish Blessing art print with colored pencils, gel pens or markers. You can do a little mix media design or leave the whole thing simple black on white. You choose! Whatever look you're going for, I think the words are lovely all on their own.