Make your own mini 3D paper pumpkins to add to all of your festive Fall decor. This cute Cricut Project is a quick DIY Fall craft. So grab your cutting machine and this SVG cut file and let’s get crafting!
How to Make Cute DIY 3D Paper Pumpkins
Grab the free SVG pumpkin design and create your own paper pumpkins. You can adjust the size of each pumpkin just by changing the size in Cricut Design Space. The larger the pumpkin, the more paper layers you’ll need to create.
For this mini pumpkin craft, I cut 6 pumpkin shapes and one set of stem/leaf combos. The pumpkin SVG cut file below includes two different pumpkins you can create. Each design also includes draw lines so you can use your Cricut to draw your pumpkin designs for even more Fall crafting fun! Here’s how to you make your own 3D paper pumpkins.
- Upload the cut file to Cricut Design Space and set to your preferred sized.
- Set all layers to the appropriate setting. There should be draw lines, a score line and cut lines, but you’ll have to set each manually.Make sure to hide the draw lines and design cut design unless you’d like to include them on your pumpkins.
- Follow onscreen instructions to cut 6 pumpkin shape pieces and 1 leaf/stem set.
- Fold each pumpkin shape down the center vertically. Use a straight edge and the scoring tool to score by hand if you are using a Cricut Joy.
- Glue the pumpkins together, one side at a time, until you have a full pumpkin. Add the stem and leaf.
Cut file Notes: This file includes multiple layers. You should find layers to mix and match cut and drawing designs. When you open the file, if you see a solid black shape in any part of the design, that layer is likely meant to be drawn, not cut. Simply select the layer and set to “draw” in Cricut Design Space, or hide if you don’t want to include it.
For additional project design: add glitter or other embellishments to decorate your pumpkins.
Use cardstock colors to coordinate with your favorite Fall decor. I used orange for a classic pumpkin. But, however a pretty off-white pumpkin set with a touch of gold glitter? You could use the gold glitter pen to add gold draw lines to each cut shape… or, how about using adhesive foil with the detail cut to create a more sophisticated 3D pumpkin decor?
Learn how to use this pumpkin cut file to make cute pumpkin cupcake toppers at Country Chic Cottage
More DIY Pumpkin Cricut Crafts
Check out all of these fun pumpkin SVG designs and Fall projects you can make with your Cricut! Follow the links below to view each project and included SVG file.
Pumpkin SVG files for your littlest pumpkins
Your cute little pumpkins will look adorable wearing any of these cute little pumpkin designs. Use your favorite vinyl to cut and create custom T-shirts and onesies.
- Cutest Pumpkin in the Patch – The Country Chic Cottage
- Hello Pumpkin – Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Mommy’s / Daddy’s Little Pumpkin – Pineapple Paper Co.
- Give ’em Pumpkin to Talk About – That’s What Che Said
Pumpkin SVG cut files for Pumpkin Spice fans
Fall isn’t complete without all the pumpkin spice! Show off your love for this warm and cozy flavor with a cute pumpkin project… or 3.
- Pumpkin Spice is My Favorite Season – Hello Creative Family
- Hand-drawn Pumpkin – See Lindsay
- Little Pumpkin Lotta Spice – Mad in Crafts
- Spice Spice Baby – Artsy Fartsy Mama
Pumpkin SVG files for decorating
Make your own home decor for Fall with any (or all) of these festive pumpkin projects, perfect for your home inside and out!
- Farmhouse Pumpkin – Everyday Party Magazine
- Home Sweet Home – Happy Go Lucky
- Farm Fresh Pumpkins – Happiness is Homemade
- Paper Pumpkin – 100 Directions (that’s me!)
I hope you enjoy creating your own pumpkin Cricut projects with all of these fantastic SVG files. Pick your favorites and let me know what you’ve created!