I love glow sticks at Halloween, or any time of year really. I’m usually trying to come up with a new way to incorporate some kind of glow-in-the-dark decor. So today, I’ve combined glow sticks with an eyeball printable to create fun (and super easy) easy glowing eyes Halloween decor. You can use the eyes by themselves or create other Halloween crafts like big one eyed monsters to hang in your window.
Glowing Eyes Halloween Decor
- Printable eyeball art – printed at 125% of actual size
- Mason jar lids – regular mouth – you just need the ring
- Oil – vegetable, corn, oil, even coconut oil might work
- Paper towel
- Glow sticks – bracelet size
Optional: white card stock and black duct tape.
- Print the eyeball art. Using the paper towel, wipe the eyeball art paper with oil. Do not add oil to the black center of the eye. The oil will make the paper more translucent so the light from the glow stick will show through easier. Pat down and let dry for about 5 minutes.
- Cut out the eyeballs you want to use. Trim the eyeball down so that it fits inside the mason jar lid.
- Glue the art to the inside of the lid.
- Bend a glow bracelet and fit it into the inside of the lid.
- You can stop there and place the eyes however you want.
To make the eyes glow brighter:
- Use the bright green or yellow glow sticks, they glow brightest.
- Add a piece of white cardstock to the back of the mason jar lid. Use black Duct tape to hold the cardstock in place. You want to make sure there is a gap between the eyeball art and the white cardstock so the glow can reflex off the cardstock.
More Easy Halloween Craft Ideas
Today is day 4 of the Quick Halloween Crafts series. I’m sharing all kinds of fun and quick Halloween Crafts along with my cohosts, The Country Chic Cottage and 30 Minute Crafts. Each of these project ideas takes less than 15 minutes to create! Check out today’s Halloween craft idea features:
Halloween Wreath from Laura’s Crafty Life
Halloween Beadie Buddies from Gagen Girls
Halloween Trick-or-Treat bags from Midge and Madge Mingle
Kid Foot and Hand print Halloween Art from Beth Watson
Mummy Wrapped Candle from Try-it Like-it
Tassel Ghost Necklace from Albion Gould
Candy Corn Halloween Treat Bags from The Country Chic Cottage
Hanging Hoop Spider from 30 Minute Crafts