Make your own mini gift boxes and personalize your small gift and gift card presents. This project features an SVG cut file you can use to customize your gift giving. Use whatever papers, fabric or other materials to create a look with personality!
Make your own small Christmas gift boxes
This SVG cut file and tutorial are great for gifting small items, gift cards, cash or notes. Use the paper of your choice to personalize the boxes for any occasion. For my example, I’m sharing a Christmas holiday theme. Add custom gift tags and other accents to create a gifting craft that is uniquely you.
How to make mini pillow boxes with your Cricut for Christmas gift giving
This gift box and bow SVG cut file set includes 1 pillow box cut file and a double layer bow cut file. You can accent each of these items with pen designs or foil transfer designs to create a look that sparkles.
For my example project, I used an Explore Air 2 to cut all the pieces. I used red cardstock for the box. For the bow, I used metallic vinyl in gold and teal and applied each to standard paper then cut this layered material as if it were cardstock.
I love the look of the metallic bow. However, gluing was tricky. Hot glue worked already, but heating the bow in each of the layers would then melt the previous layer’s adhesive, so just be mindful and patient with your choice of adhesives for the bow.
- Upload the gift box SVG cut file to Cricut Design Space.
- Size to your preferred dimensions. I like to measure from the center box of the full cut file as this is the container’s actual size without the folded flaps/end tabs.
- Fold and glue the main body flap to the end and then fold in the tabs.
- Fill with whatever you’d like.
- Fold end tabs. Glue together if you’d like.
- Add ribbon and bow.
To assemble the bow, glue ends of each bow loop together. Glue the centers together to create each layer of loops for the bow. Add in a second layer of loops. Glue the back of the bow and then wrap with the small center piece and glue in place.
More Christmas Gifting ideas
I’ve teamed up with my creative friends from #TotallyFreeSVGs this week to share all of these great Christmas SVG files. Visit each site to download each individual cut file.
- Christmas Lights Monogram Frame – Country Chic Cottage
- Very Merry Christmas – The Kingston Home
- Peace on Earth – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- The Elf Made Me Do It – Pineapple Paper Co
- Hot Cocoa Sign – That’s What Che Said
- Naughty, Nice, I Tried – Hello Creative Family
- Happy Holly Days – Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Christmas Countdown – Happiness is Homemade
- Gift Box with Bow – 100 Directions
- North Pole – Everyday Party Magazine
- Merry Christmas Porch Sign – Happy Go Lucky
- Rudolph is My Homie – See Lindsay
- Christmas Mode On – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Holly Jolly – Crafting in the Rain
- Jingle Juice – Mad in Crafts
- It’s Beginning to Smell Like Christmas – 30 Minute Crafts
- Let it Snow Snowman – Cutting Machine Crafting
I can’t wait to see what you create! With so many great cut files you can download and use, think of all the projects you can make! What will you make first?