Make your own Halloween banner or garland with this DIY Happy Halloween Banner SVG kit. You can mix and match your own paper colors and patterns to create Halloween decor with your own personal style. This is a must have Cricut project you can use over and over again. For a limited time you can get this image bundled with SVG files created by 9 other designers. So grab your Halloween inspiration right here and let’s get crafting!
DIY Happy Halloween Banner SVG Kit
Create all kinds of Happy Halloween banners with this mix and match SVG kit. This Halloween cut file comes with letters and banner pieces to create a full “Happy Halloween” banner. The letters include 3 cut layers and a draw layer. The banner includes 4 cut layers and 2 draw lines. Mix and match any of the layers to create your own favorite look. From classic to candy corn, you can create a whole pile of Happy Halloween decor pieces! I even created some spooky eyeballs by combining some of the banner pieces. I’ll show you how!
Take a look at some of the banner styles I’ve created with this one SVG file.
Make this Happy Halloween Banner
You can layer different cut outs, include the drawing or leave it out. You can pick and choose what colors you like best or just use the letters included. Here’s how to make this Happy Halloween Banner.
- Happy Halloween Banner SVG by Jen Goode – available through my etsy shop
- Cardstock – black, orange and white
- Cricut Machine
- Black Cricut standard pen
- Upload the SVG file to Cricut Designs Space. The kit includes all the letter layers and a single banner background piece. I like to design just one background and then choose to repeat the multiple cuts when I get to the cut mat screen in Design Space.
- Ungroup the various design components.
- Hide the following layers:
- Circle/oval drawing line in the banner background.
- Letter drawing lines.
- Letter bottom and second from the bottom layers.
- This should leave you with a background oval, a white scalloped oval, a scalloped draw line, a small black oval, and a single letter cut layer.
- Select all the pieces and adjust the size so that the background banner piece is the size you need. All the rest of the pieces should size to fit how you need them.
- Make sure the scalloped draw line is attached to the scalloped cut shape.
- Cut the pieces as per the on-screen instructions. Remove from mats and weed as necessary.
- Glue the small black oval to the center of the scalloped shape.
- Glue letters to the center of each banner piece.
- For each individual banner letter piece, add some glue to the black background piece, place twine, adhere the rest of the banner piece to the black background.
- I cut my banner pieces at about 2″ wide. I then created two separate strings, one for Happy and one for Halloween. You can adjust the sizing to fit the decor you are trying to make.
Limited Time Offer!
Get this cut file along with 9 other designs only available for the month of September! Offer not long available. Buy my cut design through etsy.
This Halloween SVG was designed to be used with a Cricut but you should be able to use it with your favorite electronic cutting machine.
I can’t wait to hear how your projects turn out!
Limited Time Offer!
Get this cut file along with 9 other designs only available for the month of September! Get the details here:
Fresh Cut September Halloween SVG Bundle
Get 10 designs at a deep discount and you’ll have all kinds of creative fun with your Halloween projects this year!
Halloween cut files in this bundle include:
- Happy Halloween Banner 100 Directions
- Trick or Treat Yo’self Becoming Martha
- Halloween Subway Art Create Craft Love
- Halloween Mandala Happiness is Homemade
- Haunted House Lantern Hey Let’s Make Stuff
- Halloween Invitation Lemon Thistle
- Candy Corn Liz on Call
- Gimme Something Good to Eat Persia Lou
- Sugar Skull Printable Crush
- Halloween Spider Web Sew What Alicia
Make a project and share! Join the Facebook Group! We invite you to head on over to Facebook to join our exclusive Fresh Cuts Facebook Group, only for our friends who have purchased one of our bundles! You’ll be able to see what other people are making with their bundle, and have the chance to win next month’s bundle for FREE!