Get ready for back-to-school with this cute donut reading set. You can create a bookmark and reading log with your Cricut and a free SVG cut file set I’ve designed for you. This cute Cricut project is quick to make. Print and cut each piece, or create your own custom donut reading accessories.
Make Your Own Cute Donut Reading Set
This donut SVG cut file set includes all the pieces you need to create a fun reading kit. You’ll get a ready-to-print reading log, 2 styles of bookmarks with cut accents as well as 3 donut designs you can customize to use however you’d like.
- Cricut Machine and Cricut Design Space
- SVG and printable files: Donut reading set designed by Jen Goode
- Twine (optional)
- Upload the SVG and PNG design files to your Cricut access account.
- Ungroup the pieces. Resize and organize however you’d like. If you’d like the cut accent on the donut bookmarks, layer the cut template on top of the coordinating printed bookmark design. Using the “contour” function, remove the outer cut line of the cut template. Attach the two layers together.
- Follow onscreen instructions to print and cut all your reading set pieces.
- Optionally, thread twine through the top hole of the 3 donut bookmark.
You can make your own custom donut bookmark by using the individual donut designs and coloring them however you’d like. Or just make the bookmark and reading log set as is. This is a fun reading set to start off the new school year or share later on to keep that reading motivation going.
I think this reading set would also be fun to create for a whole class. Cut a bunch of donuts and let each student personalize their bookmarks.
Even MORE Back-to-school Project Ideas!
There are so many cute things you can make for back-to-school. Today I have a whole list of clever ideas created by some of my favorite creative friends. Each designer has created a free back-to-school SVG file you can use to customize all kinds of things. From t-shirts to tote-bags, there’s sure to be some crafty fun ahead for you!
More Back-to-school SVG Files
and Cricut Project Ideas
Take a look at each of these back-to-school projects and free SVG files. Each file can be downloaded for free and then used to make whatever project you’d like. Happy Crafting!
- Too cool for school from The Country Chic Cottage
- Keepin’ it class-y from Kingston Crafts
- I will talk to everyone from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Be Awesome Today from Pineapple Paper Co.
- Ready to Rule the School from That’s What Che Said
- Back To School? No Prob-llama from Hello Creative Family
- One Smart Cookie from Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Watch out preschool/kindergarten, here I come! from Happiness is Homemade
- Bookmark and Reading Log from 100 Directions
- Prepare to be schooled from Everyday Party Magazine
- I put the cool in school from Happy Go Lucky Blog
- Back to cool from See LINDSAY
- I’m Just Here for Recess from Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Most Likely to Talk in Class from The Simply Crafted Life
- No foolish wand waving… in this class from Crafting in the Rain
You can make all kinds of Back-to-school projects with these Free SVG cut files. Here are project ideas from the designers who created the art.