Today is a glitter girly kind of day. I’m showing you how to make a Princess Crown and Wand for little girls and their American Girl Dolls. I designed a Girl and doll Crown set for Cricut last Spring so today I thought it would be fun to include a wand in both sizes too, keep reading for the free SVG file to make the wand! Your little girl and her doll can party like princesses and you can have fun creating such a pretty accessory you’ll all love. Whether you are celebrating a birthday, the holidays or an every day event, every girl needs a sparkly princess crown!
My original set example was created using a light blue glitter paper. The designs both include Cricut drawing with the standard silver metallic marker. The marker draws perfectly on the glitter paper surface I used, but make sure to test your paper before running the entire design. This second set with the wand I ran through the Cricut on a nice white cardstock and then painted with glitter paint. Either way will work. The beauty of these cut files is that you can create them in any color of paper/cardstock you’d like. You can hide the draw lines or choose the ink color to coordinate. So many choices!
First let’s talk about the crown. You can create this crown by going to my Girl and Doll Princess Crown Cricut Design Space Make it Now project page. Follow the on screen instructions to make both crowns. Or you can choose to “customize it” and hide the size of crown you don’t need.
Make a Girl and Doll Princess Crown and Wand set:
Both of these project use the same materials, so we’ll start there and then I’ll share with you how to make the individual ideas.
Materials you need
- Cricut Explore™ Cutting Machine
- Girl and Doll Princess Crown Make it Now project by Jen Goode
- Girl and Doll Princess Wand SVG file design by Jen Goode (download below)
- Cardstock of your choice
- Scissor – to trim to size if needed
- Embellishments – glitter, gems, etc.
How to make the Girl and Doll Princess Crown:
- Visit the Make it Now project page for the Girl and Doll Princess Crown on Cricut Design Space
- Follow the onscreen instructions to cut out these paper crowns.
- Glue the back panel and front together along the sides. Make sure to measure the head size with the crown so the crown fits properly.
- Add extra embellishments.
How to make the Girl and Doll Princess Wand
- Download the free Princess wand set below. Upload to Cricut Design Space. Size as appropriate. Set draw lines to the writing setting, attach as necessary and cut.
- Once you have your cut pieces, make the wan handles by rolling the paper rectangles into a tube shape. Glue into place.
- Attach the wand design to the hand with glue and allow to dry.
I painted my wands and the gold crowns with two kinds of paint – Gold Glamour Dust and Gold Twinkles, both are DecorArt products. I then wrapped my wand handles with gold metallic cord for an extra little sparkle. You can customize them however you’d like! If you want to go all out and make pretty princess decorations too, check out my Clouds of Inspiration Make it Now project. You can make all kinds of pretty little stars to celebrate your princesses. Here’s a tutorial to make star garland – just change the colors to match your theme colors.
Download the FREE Princess Wand SVG – this cut files comes with two different wands.