This patriotic stars garland is easy to make and can be customized however you’d like. It’s a fun Cricut project to show off your American spirit.
If you’re like me, you might be looking for decorating ideas right now, the actual day of the celebrations. We are a patriotic family and of course we are full of American pride, but my red, white and blue decor is MIA at the moment. I usually wait until the last minute to decorate my own home.
I think I put so much creative juice into projects for others, I run out before my own house gets any glitter. But no worries, I work well on last-minute details and this project is a great example. You can make this entire red, white and blue star garland in 30 minutes or less.
Make Patriotic Star Garland with Cricut
This patriotic project uses the Cricut machine and my own original star art. If you aren’t currently a Design Space user, just skip down to the bottom of this article to find out how to get a free printable with star art you can use instead.
Make a door wreath like above using your own patriotic art, or use the star cutouts to make your own cool garland like this image below.
To make this quick Patriotic star garland project, you need to start with my Clouds of Inspiration design in the Cricut Design Space to get these stars. The inspiration cloud art includes clouds, inspiring words AND the cute stars you’ll be cutting to make your garland today.
star garland In a few Steps
You’ll be able to use this cut file for a ton of other projects, not just USA-themed projects. Here’s the full details.
Materials you need:
- Cricut Explore and Design Space account
- Clouds of Inspiration Design #M7189A by JGoode Designs
- Silver pen for the Cricut Explore (this is the pen that comes with the machine)
- Variety of cardstock in Red, White and Blue. I used two shades of blue.
- Glue – I used mini glue dots, but most any adhesive should work.
How to make Patriotic Stars garland
- Goto the stars garland project I’ve set up in Cricut Design Space
- If you can’t find the project, start a new project canvas and search the library for design number #M7189A. Select this image and insert it into your project.
- Hide or delete all elements in the design EXCEPT the stars. Then resize the individual stars to the size you’d like. Copy and paste some of the stars so you have duplicates that you can resize as well.
- I use standard 8.5×11″ pieces of cardstock, so I resized the stars to all fit on a single sheet.
- Click “GO” and then rearrange the stars to fit in your cut space. If you are using 12×12″ cardstock, you don’t have to worry about rearranging the elements.
- Then cut (and draw) as many pages as you’d like. I cut 1 each of red, white, dark blue and light blue.
- Once everything is created and removed from your cutting mats, glue the stars together in garland design.
- Hang to display and enjoy!
Customize your garland. Add extra bling, or simplify and cut less stars. Use the stars to make little wands or as giant confetti for your party table decor. If you don’t have a Cricut machine yet, don’t worry.
I’ve added a download of my patriotic stars as a free printable below. Just print and cut out the stars to make your own fun Red, White and Blue inspired garland.
I hope you and your family have an amazing holiday weekend. God Bless the USA and all the Freedom we enjoy to create all the amazing things we can create. I’d love to see what you create, tell me about it!