We like quick and easy and edible treats, so when I was brainstorming ideas for our Holiday party I started playing with ideas for the Marshmallow Pop Santa treats. Last year I ran across a photo on Pinterest for a Halloween marshmallow pop zombie and the kids loved it! So, naturally, Santa and his elves would surely make a fun Christmas party treat, right? These marshmallow Santa pops are quick to make and fun to eat. They are a great activity to offer at your kids' Christmas party at school or on a side table at your own holiday party.
Marshmallow Pop Santa Treats
These Marshmallow pops really are simple to create. Don't worry if you don't think you can draw.. just make eyes and a little line for the nose on Santa and a bigger smile for the elves. Easy Peazy, right!?
What you need:
- Regular sized marshmallows
- Red and white sugar sprinkles in a small bowl – one for each color
- Small bowl of water
- Black edible marker pen (candy pen)
- Candy sticks or popsicle sticks
- Small paint brush
How to make marshmallow Santa treats
- Dip marshmallow 1/3 into water and remove quickly. Dip into white sugar and set aside to dry.
- Put one marshmallow on a candy stick, make sure it's sturdy.
- Dip the top half of the marshmallow into the water and remove quickly.
- Dip the wet end of the marshmallow into the red sprinkles and remove quickly. This is Santa's hat.
- Using the paintbrush again, paint a line at the base of Santa's hat and again sprinkle with white sugar. This is the white fluff trim along the bottom of Santa's hat.
- Cut a small piece of marshmallow and roll in between your fingers to make a ball.
- Apply a small dab of water to the edge of Santa's hat. Place the small marshmallow ball on the water, press and hold. This is the white fluff ball on Santa's hat.
- Using the candy pen, draw eyes and a nose.
- That's it, Voila, Santa a la Marshmallow pop!
To make elves, use red and green instead of red and white and leave off the beard and mustache.
What other fun Christmas characters can you make into yummy marshmallow pops?