We often think shopping small means small businesses, maybe one or two people and they might even be working out of their garage. But Shopping small is so much bigger than that. Many of our favorite small businesses are one of many in a larger company. Artists creating products as part of a collective or an inventor that plays one role in a big outcome. So I wanted to share some of my Shop Small people with you.
Shop with who you love – Support Shopping Small
Some of my “shop small” favorites are handmaking artisans and some are skills in areas that aren’t as tangible at first but produce great products you’ll love.
As much as I don’t like to toot my own horn… The band is marching with or without me, so I’ll start with myself.
I create art that larger companies use for their products. When you buy my art from bigger vendors, it supports my business. You can visit my website and I earn money from a much bigger company by your reading my articles. When you click a link from my site to shop companies through you love, like Target (online or shop online pick up in the store), World Market, Beaches Resorts, Kiwi Crate and many more… I earn a commission that supports my family. When you purchase my art from Cricut through Cricut Access to use with your Cricut machine – or even when you purchase your Cricut products through my links, you help support my family too, Thank YOU!
Jen Goode Products Where to find things I’ve created and have available for sale.
- Jen Goode – Color Your Own Happy – Coloring Book
- Jen Goode art digital cartridges in Cricut Access
- Projects I’ve designed in Cricut Design Space
- Penguin art products I’ve designed available through CafePress
Books Other small business folks have written books that are selling with large retailers.
- Niki Meiners – Jeans and a T-shirt Upcycled Crafts
- Angie Holden and Carolina Moore – Hot Glue Crafts
- Amy Latta – Hand Lettering for Relaxation
Specialty Products Some people sell their goods in small online shops both with small or big marketplaces.
- Carla Schauer Designs – Etsy Gift Shop – Home Decor and More
- Deborah Carney – Inspirational Goodies – Mendalla T-shirt Collection
- Adam O’Connor – T-ShirtCo – Specialty Clothing Brand out of the UK
- Tisa Jackson -Tisa’s Creations – unique gifts and colorful stationery
- Karen Garcia – FiberHeart – handmade crochet, knit and fabric goods.
- Amy Locurto – Living Locurto – Elf Idea Shop
- Julie Balzer – Art and Design products for people who love to create
Some of us help design the products you buy from the big retailers, some of us help promote or teach about the products from big retailers. Many of us, just by stopping by our websites and reading what we’ve taken time to put together to share with you, you are helping us earn our keep.
So I think instead of Shop Small meaning just small, local shops… it should mean – Shop with who you love.