We love pulled pork in this family. Especially homemade, in the crock pot all day, pulled pork. I get tired of different flavors pretty quick, so I'm always looking for creative ways to change up a favorite meal. Today's creative twist a result of my switching things up a bit… so I made pulled pork hand pies. I made up a batch of my favorite pulled pork recipe and filled some crescent rolls with the meat. Voila! A yummy dinner that's also kind of fun to eat.
Pulled Pork Hand Pies
These quick dinner pockets are delicious! I'll apologize now… this is the only photo I have of this meal. I only had one can of crescent rolls so was only able to make 4 hand pies. Everyone had been smelling the yummy meat all day so by the time the pies came out of the oven there was no holding them back. I'll have to get a shot next time for you, sorry. Just know, they are THAT good!
- Pulled pork
- Crescent roll dough – one can of 8 rolls
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees
- Roll out 4 rolls to make flat triangles.
- Spoon some meat on to each piece of dough
- Roll out the remaining 4 rolls and carefully place each roll on top of each meat topped roll.
- Using a fork seal the edges of each pocket pie.
- Place pies on parchment paper on a baking sheet. (parchment paper is optional)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until gold brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
They look even more delicious after they bake! Pulled pork hand pies are easy to make and the kid love them. Do you like to make your own pulled pork from scratch? Here's my favorite pulled pork recipe.
We also tried this pulled pork on buttermilk biscuits, that was pretty yummy too. We experiment quite a bit with different flavors and food combinations. Some are more successful than others and some will probably not ever be mentioned again!
If you like pork, you might also like my Carnitas recipe.