Make cute little felt Easter egg pouches and hide surprise treats inside. What I love about these little eggs is they have a pouch that allows you to hide a candy or other goodie inside but when the treat is gone, the egg becomes a cute little decor or ornament keepsake.
These felt egg pouches are a great Easter project to make with kids too. You can hand stitch, use fabric glue, or I used my sewing machine. These little eggs make great mini gifts with a fun mini treat, yay! (They are the perfect size for a few sweet treats!)
Make your own Felt Easter Egg Pouches
You can make these little Easter egg pouches any size you’d like. I like to use fabric scraps and sew small egg pouches. There’s just enough room inside each to add a couple candies or mini toy. Or, stuff with filler and just make stuffed eggs, that would be cute too!
Materials you need:
- Felt in a variety of Easter colors
- Fabric and ribbon scraps
- Scissors (pinking shears create the zig zag look)
- Need and thread
- Buttons from Buttons Galore and More
- Fabric glue
How to make mini Easter egg pouches
Here are just a few quick steps to creating your own mini egg pouches.
- Cut egg shapes from fabric. You need 2 eggs per pouch.
- Cut a slit in one of the eggs. This will be the pouch opening. To reinforce the opening, stitch around it, similar to a button hole.
- Stitch ribbon and fabric scraps on to front egg piece.
- Put the two eggs together and stitch around the entire edge.
Optionally, you can glue all the pieces together, just make sure to allow to dry over night.
I had originally created these eggs last year but wanted to spruce them up a bit so added the buttons after they were all finished. I just glued the buttons in place and voila! You can use all kind of extras – like glitter or sequins and even embroidery. Have fun with it! You can mix and match fabrics, colors and textures so each egg is completely different. Personalize them for the person you are giving them to or make a bunch of mini felt Easter eggs for yourself. These little handmade eggs make a great extra tree in any Easter basket.