Make a fun summer beach bag with a t-shirt. Today I'll show you how to make this cute mermaid summer bag using a t-shirt, iron-on vinyl and your Cricut. We love this Cricut project because it's so easy and looks so darn cute when it's finished.
Make a big bag or an adorable little beach bag tote and then personalize it with your own mermaid style.
Make Your own Summer Beach Bag
This fun summer project is just one of a whole series featuring the Fresh Cut Mermaid bundle. I've designed a fun multi-layer mermaid life design you can use to create all kinds of fun project, decor and cute crafts.
- Tshirt bag
- Iron-on printable vinyl
- Iron-on glitter vinyl
- Iron-on foil vinyl
- EasyPress or iron
- Upload the Mermaid Life art and lay out the design to create the mermaid life with seashells. make sure to hide or remove all the draw lines and other accents.
- print and cut the seashells as a single images
- Cut “mermaid” from foil iron-on.
- Cut “life” from glitter iron-on.
- Iron each of the designs on to the bag separately and be sure to use the correct heat and time settings as well as parchment paper to cover the designs. I started with the Printed design, then the glitter and the foil last.
To make the bag colored as I did… use a spray fabric dye to color the fabric. You can find instructions for sewing a t-shirt bag here.
More Summer DIY Fun with your Cricut
You can use this mermaid design for a ton of other projects. Combine this art with more images in the Fresh Cut SVG Mermaid Bundle and you'll have yourself a whole mermaid party! Here are some of the things you can create and customize:
- Mermaid party decor
- Mermaid phone case
- Mermaid t-shirts, hoodies and cute custom wear
- Mermaid planner stickers
- Mermaid tumblers and water bottles
- Mermaid decals
- Mermaid wall decor
More T-shirt tote bags
You can make all kinds of cute tote bags with old t-shirts. Here are a few other t-shirt bag ideas to try: